Update on my problem, Who knew? Many !!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Update on my problem, Who knew? Many !!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 07:32 am:

Just a quick thank you to all who have responded to my many requests for help over the last month while I was trying to isolate my rough running engine problem. I tried everything possible without any luck until yesterday out of desperation I removed the nearly new Anco timer and replaced it with an old Ford roller timer. Problem solved, the car runs smooth and no stuttering at high speeds. Many of you suggested that I had a timer problem but being old and stubborn I didn't listen. I still have a problem with the car sputtering and bucking when I shift into high gear, I am going to re-time today and go from there. Thanks all for helping solve my problem. Harv PS-- the anderson timer is in the trash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 07:42 am:

Harv - that Anderson may be able to be adjusted or may work just as it is on another engine? I'm sure Hutch at Tip Top Timers would help you diagnose the trouble if you call him.

lll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Harvey try retarding spark halfway as you go into high gear to solve your bucking problem. It is good advice to recheck and adjust your initial timing with every timer you put on your engine

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration