A Few Months Late But DONE!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A Few Months Late But DONE!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:46 am:

I finished the 24 yesterday, and put 20 miles on it. There is a big difference from driving the 14, a much more solid feeling car. The black and white picture shows what happened many times during the T era. The new car comes home to replace the old. The 24 Touring is my favorite T, I hope it will be as dependable as the 14 is. No, I'm not getting rid of the 14, it will stay just as it is. The next project is our 56 Ford Convertible, which I will start over the winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:53 am:

Excellent resto Dan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:19 am:

Very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Dan has the 56 Ford Convertible had a repaint? Is it black or is the light making it look that way.

It would look neat if you turned it into a bumble bee. If you know what I mean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:28 am:

That is gorgeous! How long did it take, and which wood kit did you use (if any)?

I have a very nice 24 touring body that's in line to do but it needs all the wood and I have no old stuff to use for patterns.

Please share pictures of the '56 when you're done. My grandparents loved to talk about their 4 door hard top. It was orange and white.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Damn Dan that is a beautiful 24, I hope mine looks that good when its done.
Craig I got my wood from Fordwood, they did a very nice job

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Dan, you definitely have the best collection of "Girlie" posters that I have seen! Loved walking thru your barns during the Auburn Tour. Great job on the 24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

Very nice. Is the car at the top shinny black car in the lower pic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Thanks guys.
John, it was repainted brown, it was originally blue. I haven't decided on the color yet. I do know what you mean about the bumble bee. It is a nice combination.

Craig, Hard to say how long it has taken me. I basically did most of the work on it during the winter months. Since we've been watching our grandson's and he "helps" it has taken a lot longer. The man I bought the wood kit from has passed away. It was horrible. I had to do major reworking to make it fit. In my parts department I have a 56 orange and white 4 door hard top. Very rare car. I'll take a picture of it and post it.

Dave, Glad you enjoyed the walk through.LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

Tim,
Yes, they are the same car. I just made the picture black and white, so it would look like an older picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Sorry Tim, I misunderstood you. The very first and second pictures were combined to make the 24 which yes, it is now the shiny black one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Wow, that great. What great work. It looks like a piece of art. What a project. How long did it take to complete? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

Beautiful job. I wish I had your kind of talent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Very nice Dan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 06:37 am:

Thanks again Guys!

Tim, I basically worked on it during the winter months. Between watching our grandsons and other projects, it took three winters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 06:49 am:

History revived!! Good on you~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Dan, Your cars really look nice, a testament to the fine work you do. Like Dave Young, I really enjoyed seeing your car collection and your barn / garage / and workshop during the Auburn tour. The only thing we didn't see was your parts cars stored outdoors.

For those of you who weren't on the Auburn, NY Tour all I can say is it was really fun. A very well organized tour, and seeing Dan and Ellen's place was a treat.

Thanks again, Dan and Ellen.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Keith, Thanks for your kind words. Well, I guess you'll have to come back to see the outdoor parts department.
For anyone passing through our area, we welcome you to stop.
Ellen and I sure do enjoy our hobbies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Craig, Here are the pictures of the 56 orange and white 4 door hardtop in my parts department.

Keith,
I'm starting another thread for anyone who missed the outside parts department on the Finger Lakes Tour

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration