Help ! My Model T is in New Jersey . . .

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help ! My Model T is in New Jersey . . .
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

My Model T is in New Jersey . . . and I'm in southeast Idaho 2240 miles away.Today I made a deal for a '13 roadster, it's about as far away as it could possibly be and still be stateside.

I'm completely inexperienced as to how to arrange for shipping a car, and I'm looking for suggestions as to the best way to bring her home.

I have contacted Freighter Jim, and he suggested I post to the forum for help, advice or references. I'd be much obliged for some input from the forum members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Hi Rich,

Good to talk with you.

Perhaps there is a member headed west for the holidays who could bring this in an enclosed trailer with them.....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:34 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 01:21 am:

Congratulations Rich! I wish I was in a position to help with transportation. But I am on the wrong coast.
(This the one I think it is?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 01:40 am:

Rich, try posting the vehicle to Uship, it's an online service that allows shippers to bid on your vehicle shipment (or any shipment). There might be someone with extra space on their rig going your way. I've had two vehicles moved this way, my shippers were excellent. Granted, this was in state, but you may get lucky. Worth a shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:02 am:

I used Intercity Lines to transport my '13 Touring from Arizona to Georgia. I was very pleased with their services.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:09 am:

Rich, I used RoadRunner Auto Transport to ship my old Model A to Mississippi, and again last February to bring Popeye from Dallas to Northern Virginia.

The Dallas to VA haul, in an enclosed trailer, cost me a total of $1500.00. The service was excellent and I could track the shipment at any time of day.

Nice people to deal with, and they arrived on time. I would use them again.

http://www.roadrunnerautotransport.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:25 am:

I used Reliable Carriers to transport a car I purchased to Hershey to my home in Mass. Very pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Rich. What town is it in? I have a fellow in New York State who is going to haul my car out to the Montana Tour this July. He runs nationwide with an enclosed tractor trailer. Maybe he can take your car on his next run westbound. I'll dig up the number. I'm in NJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:07 am:

RSX Motorsports Trucking. Rick in Cairo, NY. 518-929-1853. He's an owner operator and does excellent work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Erman on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:08 am:

I used U-ship to get mine from Kentucky to Connecticut for $850.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Thanks to the recommendations posted I was able to connect with an outfit to bring me my "new" toy ! Is this a great forum, or what ? Thank you all VERY much !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration