Question about firewall/hood trim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Question about firewall/hood trim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

My 18 had a wood firewall with metal strips and some material nailed to it(lacing)?. I have the strips but no material remained. Where does the material go? Under the stripping or on top?

Anyone have some close up photos to share?

thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:43 am:

See this recent thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/684329.html?1476356628

Your questions are answered in two threads posted within the above thread.

Purchase radiator shell lacing, not cowl lacing, from Langs. The cowl lacing they sell is too wide. I needs to be about half the width of the metal strip so it doesn't interfere with the hood hinge or the corresponding notch in the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration