Glenwood Minnesota-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Glenwood Minnesota-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Probably not a T in the doorway

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

The original photograph is in the possession of the Pope County Historical Society.

You can access it here. Using the zoom function, you can really see intimate details.

http://reflections.mndigital.org/cdm/ref/collection/pch/id/792

Open this page to use the zoom function at its best:

http://reflections.mndigital.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/pch/id/792/rv/singleitem

The Ford on the far left appears to have a 1912-13-14 plate. I will look it up later and find out who owned the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

The front axle of the car on the left looks like it has one piece spindles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

I know this is a Model T forum but whatever that roadster is, I like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

RE: 1913 Model T at the very far left (note Vanguard windshield)

According to my public directory, Minnesota 1912-13-14 plate 30559 was registered to Dana Hoyt of Glenwood for a Ford.

If I went to the Minnesota Historical Society Library and pulled the hand posted registration ledger, I could also provide the motor number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

the ford on the right looks 09-10 but i want whats on the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

The roadster looks like a CarNation cyclecar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:57 am:

I like them all but realy want the Motocycles outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 11:48 am:

motorcycles on the left emblem,center Indian, on the right?? but i will get it.the car on the right looks 09-10 ford but the rad not t maybe n,r,s ???. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

Such a short filler neck on the car on the right. One of the Maxwell's around here back then?
No Hoyt's around here anymore. Some Braaten's around this area.
Where did they find all that "flat ground" in Glenwood? Up on the hill or down by the lake?
I wonder if the museum has any more info on this photo as to actual location?
Really cool pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

With the exception of the radiator, all the other details of the car on the far right does look like a Model T Ford. Also note that it is left hand drive as evidenced by the horn and brake lever.

The radiator could have been borrowed from a non-Ford as the geometry does not seem correct for an aftermarket replacement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:03 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration