And you think you've got the perfect wife?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: And you think you've got the perfect wife?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

Here's mine . . . no trading.

She's my MVP. Painting parts on the WWI T project OD green.

I think I"ll keep her . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

I think I'm doing ok :-)

T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

I think I've got both of you guys beat! My wife "MADE" me buy a restored Model T roadster pickup and matching trailer at an estate sale! One of the single guys in my T club wanted to know if she had a sister,....???? (she doesn't....)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Im not bragging but my wife is almost as good of a mechanic as I am!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Ladies like these have effectively escaped me...

And yes, you may tell my wife I posted this :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Huh. I must be lookin' in the wrong classifieds.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Bill,
You need to find a good NH woman of Yankee stock that is more intelligent than you and I combined.
I found one in New York about 49 years ago.

She isn't perfect because she married me :-) but when the Model A showed up she insisted that it is her car.
She is a gourmet cook and when someone comes to visit she insists that they have a a "simple" meal that has them wondering what a fancy meal is.
Also she teaches Ethics at a local college so don't argue with her because she WILL win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Bill,

Check out " T Match " online ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Yes, I thank the Lord each day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Psh. I got all y'all beat. Mine loves the T, loves going to ride, lets me get whatever parts I want, AND! She stays out of the garage! HAHAHA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Craig, That is my car at Hershey this year.My wife of 56 years looks as good as she does. My wife Mary, goes on car tours, car shows,and stands with me on every car function that I want to do.
If I can talk her into it, I will post a photo
of her standing by our car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

When I met my wife (of 58 1/2 years) She was a teen. I had a Model A and she would come out and hold a flashlight for me while I worked on it in the evening.

She is a good cook and has the patience to actually make food from scratch. I can make cold cereal and milk and a few other simple things but have no patience for recipes. I can take apart a Model T and put it back together and drive it away. She rides with me

We make a good team.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

I look forward to seeing your car every year! I also look forward to introducing her to you and your lovely wife someday.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

A good wife = A happy life. My wife has some of the same likes as Seth's. We have been married for 47 years and that's been the best part of my life.
We also make a good team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Robert, do you have a threat going about your project? It would be nice to see the progression. Yours is pretty unique.

I do some reenacting with friends who enjoy it even more than I do and do more than one time period. It would be really neat to see guys with WWI uniforms next to your T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 02:12 am:

We celebrate her 80th birthday tomorrow and we celebrated our 59th Anniversary last July. Picture was taken 2 months ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Hal, Please express our most sincere birthday wishes to Vonnie!!

She is a very dedicated Model T guys Wife. After 59 years, Hal knows this, of course.

Happy Birthday, Vonnie. :-)

Your old friends from Wisconsin,

Keith and Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

My wife isn't perfect but I'm happily married.
I know I am, my wife told me so.

All seriousness aside, I have found that most women look forward to the tours.
My wife keeps asking me when the next MG club tour is coming up.
We have been on HUNDREDS of model T club tours in the past 31 years, not to mention tours that other local clubs have put on.
lately we just go on MG tours as they are right here close to us whereas the T club is in San Jose 30 miles away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Mine is perfect! She held the hood up on my '53 Ch$)(:$&y truck as I worked to install new hood springs, helps hold things when I need a third hand, and finally: lets me wash parts in the kitchen sink!!! 32 years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

Thanks Keith...t'wod be nice to see u guys again one of these days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

My wife has been perfect for me for 50 years today. I'm feeling blessed as should we all that have successful long term loves.
10/22/1966

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

Gee Walt, doesn't look like you two have aged a day!!
We were all so young back then. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

Yes - young, naive, no plan, just wanted to be together wherever that was. 30 days later I was in Army Basic training. A great adventure was just getting started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

I have to jump on the "Good Wife" bandwagon as well.
Through all my years of buying and horse trading OLD tractors my wife never ONCE questioned what I was doing or got "in my face" about it.
The only thing she ever said was she knew where I was: with my iron ladies when there were a whole lot of other places I COULD have been going and things I could have been doing but didn't.
One of the payoffs for both of us was when I sold a tractor and turned it into a new house for us........ :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

I win. I met her when I was out for a drive in my '22 Centerdoor. She liked riding in the car so much that she was willing to put up with the driver. :-) She wouldn't let me sell the '14 Touring when I thought I wanted to; because she drove it on our honeymoon. She practically begged me to buy the '08 Maxwell and still jokingly calls it our anniversary present to each other. Now, she's just informed me that I have to take a week off of work next September, so we can do the Lansing to Dearborn Run and hang our at the OCF for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 02:00 am:

Well, after 40 years I think mine's kinda special. I have said that "Gee I could have gotten off with 20 years with good behavior." She responds with, "That would have required good behavior!" There's always a hitch!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:44 am:

Another guy with a great wife here. 52 years and counting.

But why do we have so many great wives ? What is the common thread ? My theory is that we're all a bunch of exceptionally fine fellows and good women are just naturally attracted to us.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Well said Dick ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:35 am:

We have only been married 35 years, My wife says I can't go now because she doesn't have enough time to train another husband! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Mines not real big in the hobby, (43 years so far) but she puts up with it and as the garage is the only room in the house I apparently own it's OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:24 am:

Dick,
I have to respectively disagree with your broad brush stroke. When I first posted the initial photo of Jane painting the T wheels, it was intended to be a compliment to her character as well as her physical capabilities.

We have been married 37 years. But I have been blind since I lot my eyesight in 2006. My "visions" became her visions and she has jumped in with both feet and hands, and, more importantly, both eyes into the situation she didn't sign up for 36 years ago.

In my case, for better or for warse, was certainly the latter.

It takes more than one to make a team. From the threads on this post, we are all certainly blessed to have our partners in life. Regardless of who found whom.

I bet if we put al our wifes in a locked room with a bunch of parts and tools at a National Convention or Tour meet, in a few hours, a Model T would drive out the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By frank b on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:26 am:

After 40 years, she still loves the speedster, yes she's in there!
I guess I'll keep her! SoCal Grizzly Tour http://youtu.be/gYDKJNEnfRc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Robert, your projects and visions just became a lot more special as far as I'm concerned. You two are definitely an amazing team and she has my vote for special wife of the year!

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:32 am:

My wife Emily and I are the only employees of our body shop. She takes the cars apart, does the sanding, masking and after I finish the painting she puts the cars back together. I tease her that if only she would learn to paint I would not have to show up at work any more. And we just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this last weekend with all our kids and grand kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Robert,

Having learned more of your situation, I must agree with you. Any wife who embraces your visions as her own when you are unable to perform the task yourself is especially special.

Not every partner is called upon to make good on his or her pledge of "in sickness and in health". But yours has met the challenge head on and I salute you both.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:24 am:

Mine never touches the cars, I never wash the dishes or do any cooking.
She doesn't tell me how to fix or maintain the cars, I never tell her how to cook.
we get along just fine, but it would be nice to have a companion to help with the cars.
I admire couples who do things like that together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

I'm a very lucky man. She enjoys the old cars and the people involved with them. Never complains about the hours I spend and has a great appreciation for the history. I'm a very luck man...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Here is our photo with the President of the Ford Company taken in 2003 (the 100th anniversary of the Ford Company) when he came to St.Paul, MN. Our 1910 was on display and is in the background. My wife enjoys our autos and helps polish the brass items.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration