Autoplicity's Champion X plugs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Autoplicity's Champion X plugs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

I wanted to say thanks to Autoplicity for their great service with my spark plugs. I'm fixing up a 1927 Tudor and it badly needed new plugs. In doing my research, I decided to get Champion X plugs. But they are pricey. In doing my due diligence, I came across Autoplicity and got the plugs for about $20/each. Best price I could find by far and they arrived quickly and boxed beautifully.

When I was having them spaced properly, one of the electrodes snapped off. Autoplicity sent me a return label and shipped me a replacement in no time. I was super impressed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:08 am:

Autoplicity now shows them at $33.73 with free shipping. only 15 left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:01 am:

I did not pay that much. That's odd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:03 am:

I'm showing $25.27 with 50 left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:04 am:

You have to go to their website, not Amazon or a third party vendor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 08:33 am:

Ok so I tried plugging in Champion X plugs, no luck. What am I missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 08:45 am:

Try Champion 425

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:08 am:

NAPA sells them for right around $20 but the down-side is you have to buy a box of 10. So you find a buddy and go in on 'em together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

Hmm,m so far 20 minutes into the NAPA website, can't get it to move my location from Southern CA to Oroville, and can't find spark plugs. Dial up and bad coding just don't go together!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

I think I have 5 sets of them , I purchased 10 years ago, I got tired of having miss fire issues with them, so I bought some used vintage units, have not changed them since, 5 years of trouble free driving now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Building a good set of originals may take awhile, especially for a car from the teens, but while you're looking you can run on Autolite 3095. They're cheap and they work. You can often get an original X for less than half the price of a new one. At swap meets I've been picking up oddball brands when I see them cheap. Eventually I'd like to amass full sets of Trojan, Horse Shoe, Bethlehem, etc. to try out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

Finally got to my local store and set up an account (online one, think I still have a local one at the store) and I can order the plugs through the store, not available online, but no mention of minimum order.
Years ago when the price was announced to be going up from the ~$10 plug price, the local store didn't have any 3Xs left, but quite a few Xs--at the time I was driving an A, so didn't jump on the Xs--dumb dumb dumb, too late smart, as my Grandmother would tell me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Is the Champion 425 or 429 the correct on for the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

For those who haven't seen it, here's some reading on Champion X: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG95.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Steve thanks for the read, wish you could still buy one for .60 cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

For anyone that is interested, the O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Foothill Ranch, CA has an abundance of modern reproductions of Champion X spark plugs on hand. They are quite nicely wrapped in original wrapper and reproduction NORS boxes. I needed one for my T but they inadvertently ordered 10 by mistake! If you need some, you can order from any local O'Reilly store and have them ship it to that store at no charge within one day! Cost is $21.97 per plug (Champion part #425).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

O'Reilly's advertises on TV in New Jersey, but there are not any in this state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

I went to every O'reilly's in SE WI and none carried the 425. Call ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Local store here (N. Calif) has no way of contacting the S. Calif store!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

David, tell them to get one of these. They can use it to talk to people in other towns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:06 am:

Steve,
I HAVE one of those!! Not hooked up though, but in my garage and train room I have rotary dial wall phones that I use to answer when I'm there. I haven't tried to call out on them for years, don't know if that would work now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:24 am:

Rock Auto has them for $25.79.

Not sure if the link will work since I'm on mobile but here it is...

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=205582&jnid=229&jpid=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Johnson on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Curious about the X plugs and the Champion plugs with Ford imprinted on the porcelain. I thought those with the Ford were the ones used during the mid twenties ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 09:44 am:

O'Reilly Auto Parts
26741 Rancho Parkway (Store #4927)
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 273-0761
Mon: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Tue: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Wed: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Thu: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

The "Stash" of 6 X plugs at O'Reilly's is GONE!!
Just thought you folks ought to know!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration