Complete, I Think, 24 Tudor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Complete, I Think, 24 Tudor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:14 am:

First I want to thank everyone that helped me throughout the five years I have been working on my 24 T. I have most of the repair manuals and countless hours on the internet but you just can't buy experience and good advice like the help and guidance I received from you all on this forum. Other than friends and family it was the best five years I've had in awhile. My car tags are on the way and when I hang them on the the back and see if this old girl runs as good as I'm hoping. Pictures for you all. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Pics from the interior and engine and underneath too! The outside looks GORGEOUS.

If the car runs half as good as it looks you should be very pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Is that the same car as in your profile? If it is, you did a very good job restoring it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Ken, It looks REALLY nice!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

Yep, same car. guess i need to change my profile picture, thanks for the comments. I'll post a few pictures of work in process. and more of complete car Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Ken Great job! Not to frighten you but I was told that a "T" is never complete but always just about finished. :-) Great car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

Beautiful. See tons of fall fun in your toasty Tudor :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Here you go Seth, a few more pictures, sorry they're a little dark . I have a complete album from start to finish, I guess it's complete when I give it another check from front to rear. Actually, I was always told that if it runs it's done. thanks. Ken

pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Ken, it looks fantastic! I really hope to see it at Hershey, even if it's not in the show but sure looks like it should be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Great job. Super looking T!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

HOOOOO-WEEEEEE!!! Man look at that thing. That's fabulous. I don't know how you can even drive it cause it's so clean and perfect. It's like you assembled it in a clean room. I'm thoroughly impressed. Thank you for the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Looks great, Ken. I'd ditch the oil sight gauge. If it get broken, you lose your oil. Here's an inexpensive alternative:

Since the picture was taken I've added small clamps to be sure the tube stays on. To check the oil, open both petcocks. After checking, close them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:41 am:

Hey Ken its beautiful, how long did it take you to complete it? Did all the work yourself?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:42 am:

oops I just saw you said 5 years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:39 am:

You shore got a purty car!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Hey Ken I think I found you !

I would like to see that paint up close, as I said before great job :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:12 am:

G.R.CHESHIRE, you sure did. that reminds me of the funny mirrors in ocean city md. sure throws your body out of shape . thanks to everyone on the forum for the comments. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:17 am:

I sure would like to loose those ugly tail lights but , well you all know they help provide safety. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:37 am:

Steve Jeff: One of the drivers on the Montana 500 had a plastic tube like you show. It melted and threw all the oil out. That threw a rod sticking all the way out of the side of the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:47 am:

Dave, Steve suggests "After checking close the petcocks" so no risk for loosing the oil. My problem with the method is that my oil tends to get black very fast after less than 200 miles - and that black color sticks to the tube and makes it hard to see the actual level when checking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:23 am:

Ken,looks good. Look for some vintage lights if you want them to blend better. I put two sockets in each one I used and they are really bright when you hit the brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:35 am:

Ken,

Beautiful car! You've done a fantastic job of getting it ready to be on the road again.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:58 am:

Hello all! I'm gonna take Steve's advice and remove the sight glass and i like dan's lights. maybe lower them as well. thanks to all for the comments and advice. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 09:44 am:

Ken, nice job!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Ken : That's a really nice car, congrats. What is the steel plate over the front of the manifolds for? Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:47 am:

The main concern regarding the usual sight glass is if you run on stone roads. I'm only wondering what's to keep that plastic tube from popping off from either vibration and/or the usual heating/cooling expansion & contraction is all. I don't see any kind of fastener where it attaches to the pet cock. Just sayin. :-)

BTW Ken, that's one super nice looking car. Too nice to get it all slobbered up underneath driving it!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:52 am:

She's a real peach! Started with a pit. Very nice . You do very nice work.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Ken here is a new profile picture for you to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Boyles on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

That is one beautiful automobile. Congratulations on all the perseverance, long hours, and $$. That old car never looked that good the day it rolled off the line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Jerome ! I think i'll use the new profile picture you picked out. Jeff, thanks for the comments, lots of time and i refuse to add up the receipts. you can be sure of one thing, my t would not look and run as good as it does without the help from the guys on this forum. thanks. Ken

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration