Spare tire carrier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spare tire carrier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Not sure what type spare tire carrier I should mount on my 1920 runabout. I do see two holes on the driver's side running board which look as if a tire mount could have gone. Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

Google mtfca: spare tire
A 1920 would have had the mount off the rear cross member on all cars. They were angled to the back at the top for the touring but are the same for coupe and runabout. You don's say what wheels you have so guessing you have the demountable rims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

You often see spares mounted on the running board with an aftermarket carrier.

I made my own. It doesn't require any extra holes in the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Markuson on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

Thanks for posting, I've been looking for some ideals , yours looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/351932.html?1364849151

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/486012.html?1413230069

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

these are on my recently purchased 1920 runabout with Pasco wheels. The car was restored in the 1970's and the leather is stiff and cracked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:25 am:

Here's the period accessory one on my 25, looks like it requires two holes in the running board. Part of it is made from a standard Ford spare mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 04:27 am:

As always, overwhelmed by the response and sound advice. Many thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration