Squeek Padding?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Squeek Padding?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Just wondering if anyone has used some sort of padding or material inbetween metal on metal body parts to prevent squeeking or rattle, other than the OE gaskets or seals.

On my 42 GPW, the motor pools during the war would use web straps or cut up inner tubes between fenders to grill and body or fenders to frame etc., to prevent shake rattle and roll.

Good or bad to possibly do the same on my WWI military vehicle creation? I'm seeing the fender to frame and hood shelf to fender being some obvious places.

I'll hang up and listen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

Taking the rattles and squeaks out of a T is difficult and dubious task. Anti rattle devices were sold in every hardware store. I have never gone out of my way to prevent them beforehand. Those ambulances were used so hard and there was so much other noise no one would care about rattling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

The hard part of stopping a squeak is figuring out what's squeaking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Thought you might be talking about a similar problem to one I had. Squeakers (mice) pulling out all the padding of my seats to build their nest.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration