OT - Go Cubs Go

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Go Cubs Go
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

I am sure that some of you are cheering for my team.
Go Cubs Go!!!!

Let's get a W!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Joiner on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

Amen brother, watching the game from Chicago area and hoping for a win

FLY the W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Many Cubbies fans here in Wisconsin! They were well followed long before the Braves appeared and then disappeared, ultimately to be replaced by the Brewers... (Sorry, Seattle!) Our Packers are community-owned, and if ever sold and then moved, the sole beneficiary would be the American Legion on the east side of Green Bay. (About 138K on the waiting list for season tickets) Am pleased for the wisdom of the forefathers, much like our US of A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

This is their year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Since the Cardinals didn't make it, I'm rooting for the Cubs this year. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:54 am:

May be their year but it's long overdue for the Tribe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Should be a good World Series

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

I'm not into sports at all, but I think the Cubs are due to win one--finally!! Maybe being a Cubs fan isn't a lost cause after all! :-)
I've actually been to one professional baseball game, at Candlestick park back in '67. All I can remember is that it was windy & cold; I think the Giants played the Dodgers & the Dodgers won--but don't hold me to that! I was with the 8th Grade Traffic Patrol on their annual "reward field trip" and would have rather had been at the De Young museum (yes, I was a weird kid, even by then I was working on my Model A)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

What's happening?
Are the bear cubs racing up the tree again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

I saw a car in the St. Louis area once with the personalized Missouri license: CUBS-08. Gotta love a diehard! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Well it's the two "C" teams to battle for the World Series! Naturally I'm rooting for Cleveland. But still great to see both these teams achieve their dream. Gonna be a great series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:20 am:

Yes Tim, GO TRIBE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:41 am:

So, is "Go Indians" no longer PC?

When I lived in the area (Euclid, Mentor, Akron), Cleveland had a long disappointing dry spell on championships. From the "drive" to the "fumble", the Browns seemed to be cursed. The Indians just couldn't get there. Perhaps the Cavaliers have broken the spell.

Should be an exciting series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

Stephen..yeh they're pretty much slowly and discreetly giving in to the whiners about using "Indians" anymore when describing this amazing come-back team. I say who gives a s#$t what we call them! Call them winners! Sick of this PC crap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

I will not buy any Indians shirts, caps, etc unless they have the Chief Wahoo character on them....It is tradition!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

I'm going to make an observation to make this thread weirdly on topic.

Last time the Cubs won the World Series, Henry Ford had barely introduced the Model T to the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

Jared, It about time someone finally made the connection. Thank you. GO CUBS GO!! I will be there for game 3!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:15 am:

Horrible game last night! Hope that was a wake up call for them?!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:22 am:

WAAAAHOOOOOOO! Let the white-washing begin! Looks like the Curse of the Goat is still alive and well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:02 am:

What an AWESOME night for the tribe!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Well, for both of your sakes, better hope it doesn't go the other way or you will be eating crow! Your team hasn't been there since '48 either! For either team it has been long over due! Mind you this thread is for the Cubs! You are welcome to start your own thread and not hijack this one!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Not to shift attention away from the "Tribe" but another newsworthy event occurred on NBA opening night. All the media hype over the Golden State Warriors unbeatable team was soundly smashed by the San Antonio Spurs. Score: 129-100.

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself when one of the talking heads said; "The Warriors couldn't be that bad and the Spurs that good". I thought to myself; Oh yes, yes they can. :-)

The talking heads promptly started making excuses for the Warriors stating "all the new players" but failed to mention that the Spurs have SEVEN new players of which four are rookies. Spurs continue to fly under the radar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Out here in California we have Catalina Island. William Wrigley owned the Cubs at that time and they did Spring Training on the island. And, by the way he also owned the entire 27 mile long island. There was housing for the families and it was a constant party. I remember it from when I was very young. There is a museum there and there are a whole lot of National League baseball pennants there hanging from the ceiling. All of them won by the Cubs. They must have been great in the teens, 20's and 30's and I hope in 2016.

Cubs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Stephen lets not ignore the fact that the same team that whipped G.S. last year also won their first season game over the Nicks handily last night while the tribe rolled onto victory too. Willis I dont really think its a thread hi-jacking since it would be no thread without a team to play against. May the best team win and may we ALL keep the salt handy! Crow is awfully flat tasting. I know! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Tim,

I'm sorry, but I believe the thread name was, "OT - Go Cubs Go". Therefore, anything but would be considered hijacking! The NBA does not belong here either! Feel free to cheer on your team in the appropriate thread and not spoil this one.

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

I just realized the Pacific Coast league LA Angels were the Triple A farm team for the Cubs during the first half of the last century.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Yes but the Wrigley stadium was built on a gummy foundation,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

Willis - You are my new best buddy. GO CUBS GO.
Tim - You did have one heck of a pitcher last night. I tip my hat to your team for last night only.
Frank, I dig the old photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

CUBS WIN GAME 2!!!! SERIES TIED 1-1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

Scott,

Now that was one hell of a game!!! Cheers, Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:31 am:

Frank, I had to chew on that one a minute! ROFL!!
GO CUBS!! :-)
(I'm so up on this stuff, I had to read it here on the forum that the Cubs won tonight!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:10 am:

David,

You missed a tribal beat down tonight!!!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 09:51 am:

I have decided that this is the World Series of Losers. Before you start insulting my mother, hear me out...

The Indians haven't won a World Series since the 1940s. All of the "professional" sports analysts agreed that it was going to be a milestone in the organization. They were the underdogs, until the Cubs beat the Dodgers.

I can hear some of the trash talk. "You haven't won since '48? That's cute. Come down to our level!"

That being said, I'm rooting for the Indians just because I know it will annoy my little sister.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Ready for a W!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 12:00 am:

Wait a minute, those two look too clean-cut to be Cubs fans!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 02:12 am:

Tim and the Indians - Congrats on your win tonight/yesterday. We are back at it again Saturday night. Koogler is tough......
Go Cubs Go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 09:12 am:

I'm not allowed to post, Scott! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Squires on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:33 am:

Great game last night, Eh Tim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

:-)... Shhhhh...I'm in hiding!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

Tim, wish I was able to post audio files here. It was be my hoarse voice congratulating you on your teams win. By no means should you expect us to give up. Are you going to game 6?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Only on the TV. Can't afford tickets. Thanks for your thoughts. The bottom line is, no matter who wins, they're all winners for finally getting to this point after all those years of trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

The Cubs are a young, very talented team. If they don't win it this year, they will certainly contend for several more.

If I recall, the Red Sox contended for a few years before they broke through and won their first World Series to break the drought. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Great game tonight, eh, Scott!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 12:16 am:

All of the games have been riveting. Today was fantastic. Chapman looked out of place while at bat. He also looked very relaxed and stress free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 08:55 am:

Congrats Will & Scott! But beware!!! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Yes, Congratulations Cubs fans. It was a thrilling game, BUT......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Headed to Cleveland for tonight's Game. Just a quick survey, who are you cheering for tonight's game 6 of the World Series? Indians, Cubs, both, or I don't care I will be working on my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Cubs - Just so there will a game 7. Those are fun to watch! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Brian,

I agree!!!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

Dutch Reagan was broadcasting the Cubs spring training games from Avalon, and on a day off went to Hollywood and took a screen test. That's when he switched from radio to movies.

Before Dodger Stadium was built, the American League's new Angels team played at Wrigley Field. I went to a game when the Yankees were in town. I don't remember who the poor pitcher for the Angels was that night, but the Yankees feasted. Mantle, Howard, and Berra all popped balls over that short left field wall into 41st Street. As soon as Dodger Stadium was available the two teams shared it until the Big A was built in Anaheim. The Angels broadcasters always called Dodger Stadium by the name of its location, Chavez Ravine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

IMHO This is the most exciting Series in a long time. I know what I will be doing at 6pm MDT tonight. The Sunday night game beat out the NFL game in the ratings.

Bo Belinsky was a famous early Angels pitcher, but I don't think he pitched in Wrigley Field. I forgot about his no hitter. Bill Rigney managed the Angels in their MLB debut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

Big Klu played his last game in LAs Wrigley Field.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Scott,

I wish I was right there with you, buddy!!! Have a great, once in a lifetime, time!!!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Oh Yeah ....

Cubbies up 7-0 ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Cubs win 9-2. Game 7 tomorrow and what a series it has been. Everyone counted the cubs out but they came back with a vengeance for the last 2 games to even the series. 108 Years ago they last won the world series. Maybe that ends tomorrow night. Go Cubs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:35 am:

What a thing of beauty it was! No matter who wins tonight, at least the World Series was not handed to them. For Tribe fans to know the position of a Cubs fan, they would have to wait till 2056 for a World Series win! Hard to wrap your mind around! What a ride it has been to this point!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:35 am:

All of a sudden baseball is exciting!! Kind of neat seeing the umps call reversed as i never knew it was done before? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

One thing nice for me about this is if the Cubs win I'll be very glad for them since its been over a century in the chase. They deserve the title. But of course I'm rooting for the "home team" and will be just as glad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Cubs are my favorite National League team, because when I was an OTR driver Chicago was my second home, GO Cubs Go!!!! However being a long-standing Boston Braves fan remembering the '48 World Series: (The 1948 World Series matched the Cleveland Indians against the Boston Braves. The Braves had won the National League pennant for the first time since the "Miracle Braves" team of 1914, while the Indians had spoiled a chance for the only all-Boston World Series by winning a one-game playoff against the Boston Red Sox for the American League flag. Though superstar pitcher Bob Feller failed to win either of his two starts, the Indians won the Series in six games to capture their second championship and their first since 1920, I would not feel really bad if the Indians won.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Breath in, Breath out. That is what I have to keep telling myself. I am over the moon and back. My wife ( a reds fan ) and I were at last nights game. We sat in section 181 row U seats 23 and 24. I am sure that means nothing at this point. I will put it in perspective. Kris Bryant's home run ball..... was caught 4 rows below us and 4 seats to the left. Talk about an rush. We sat next to some great Indians Fans who were a lot of fun. Trying to contain our excitement deep in "enemy" territory was tough. Gary and Steve, Indian season ticket holders were good sports. We bought them a beer.

The game was amazing and tonight....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

GO CUBS GO!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

Who are the Cubs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

My father, John Osterman, was born in Waterloo Iowa. He was a life long Cubs fan and I remember him wearing a well worn cubs hat and his bath robe every morning when I was a kid. Dad died last year at 91 having never seen his team win. I'm not interested in baseball at all ... but have been watching the games from my hotel room in Taipei, Taiwan in memory of my father ... oh my, I hope they win. I'll be 30,000 feet over the Pacific when the next game is on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

Dennis,

They have that grand slam hitter - at 22 the second youngest World Series grand slam hitter - first is Mickey Mantle ...

That's ....

Who the Cubs are ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Pulled over along the Lincoln Highway.

Wanatah, Indiana

Just ordered a pizza at Jimmy's & having a bowl of homemade chili w/ mozzarella & onions while I wait ....

Lead off home run for Cubs ..... :-)

Life is good !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Great game so far
Cubs up by 2 bot 4th
This is it is our National pastime

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:09 am:

Chicago Cubs are World Series Champions!!! What a game! Just Incredible......

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:24 am:

My dad grew up in the Depression in Cicero.

He did not live to see this but surely he would've been proud.

Way to go Chicago & The Cubs !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:46 am:

Well done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 02:13 am:

Wow, talk about carrying it out to the end--10 innings I think?
Well, first W for them since the First Model Ts were being tested!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 02:35 am:

What a seesaw battle and at the end the Cubs "We never quit" chant ushered in the final comeback and suddenly it was over and they had won. There were gatherings at houses all over the various suburbs and nearby cities as Cub fans rooted the team on. Fireworks going off in the distance when the final out made the Cubs the winners. What a game the Cleveland Indians played and they never gave up either and what a credit they are to the sport. Hated that we had to root against them but they understood what was at stake and all of the cub fans at my house said they were glad they were playing Cleveland since if the Cubs lost then the Cleveland folks would have their own long wait coming to an end. A fantastic game was played on both sides with only 1 run difference in an extra inning. A great win for the Cubs! Finally!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:33 am:

Congrats to the Cubbies and their fans. Living proof that every dog has their day...even if it takes 108 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:31 am:

I'm sorry to say that when they covered the field with a tarp i went to bed. Myself when the Cubs mgr changed out a very good pitcher i thought it was lost but i'm glad to learn i was wrong.Both good teams or they would not have been there!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Willis and Scott...congratulations to you and your team! Well fought battle, well deserved for sure. As I said before, just getting this far for both W.S. drought teams make's 'em both winners. One's just a bit better, and a bit happier, than the other! Now where's that crow? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Great game from both teams. Both teams had good reason to win. I just appreciate them both for providing something to cheer about and something to believe in. Better the national past time, than what has occupied the national news lately.
Congratulations Cubs!
Well played Indians!
Kevin
"Keep your foot on the pedal"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:55 am:

I have game #8 tickets now on sale at half price! First come first served! Get them while there hot!

Congratulations Cub fans!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:49 am:

CONGRATULATIONS CUBS!!! No matter who your home team may be, The Cubs were ours last night!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:49 am:

WOO HOO! Very happy for the Cubs, their fans and all of Chicagoland!!! A great day!!!!

Next year: The Detroit Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

And this is how they celebrate....
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/5-dead-16-wounded-in-chicago-shootings/ar-AA jM4so?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SK2EDHP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Well Marv,

I can't see how this is related to the ball game. The game ended at 1:00 am and all the shootings you listed started at 3:00 pm in the afternoon several hours before the game started!

Look up any big city and I'll bet you'll see the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:14 pm:

Marv,

Go squeeze your sour grapes elsewhere, this is a celebration of something positive and fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Hey guys, am just as happy for the Cubbies as anyone else! Just don't understand how human beings can treat others like that....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Well, I'm sorry for jumping on you Marv. Just hate it when bad news seeps into good things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

The Chicago Cubs are suppose to be on Saturday Night Live tonight! Should be interesting.......

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 01:48 am:

Dear Marv,

Please define your term "human beings" and the criteria for what makes said definition.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 06:27 am:

Marv, This one of those occasions where it really points out that Chicago is largely a "Tale of Two Cities". The North Side and and large parts of the South Side are different worlds entirely. Maybe this one event allows both to sides of town to take breather and celebrate positively. The problems of a nearly bankrupt major city facing huge violence issues in a financially strapped state won't go away. But, at least it gives folks a chance to smile for while. And everybody needs that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 08:32 am:

THIS IS A MODEL T FORUM!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Glad for the cubs...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 09:06 am:

That's getting to be a catch phrase for questionable postings !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 09:21 am:

The last time the Cubs won the series was in 1908 when the Model T was being planned

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:36 am:

I am glad that my TV has a channel selector. When those DARN ball games come on I switch channels to anything non sports related.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Willie

How are you feeling these days?
At least you don't have to get up from the couch and walk over to the TV like in the old days.

It was an exciting Series that I enjoyed watching

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:07 am:

1908.... "Cubs Win!" (And 'Congrats' to all!)

History is full of life lessons. Watched 'The History Channel' program last evening of "The Men That Built America" from that era. Attitudes may have seemed different then, but every-day people still contended with the Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Vanderbilt ruthless intimidation tactics. A true time of tumult. Henry Ford's entrepreneurial spirit (challenging A.L.A.M.) timed with Teddy Roosevelt's anti-trust campaign, ultimately made for a better America. Short summary: Regardless of the fandom, income or education levels there may be, there will still be those who have little value for your life...or their own. (Have you paid attention to the content of video game commercials?) Today is tomorrow's history!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration