Grocery Van

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Grocery Van
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:56 am:

A small town in our area had their 150th celebrations this week & I noticed an addition to the food aisle.
Interesting fact is "4 Square" is a nation wide chain with almost every small town in NZ having a store. This van apparently sits in a shed and seldom gets out. The store manager heard of it and asked to borrow for the week. He was refused but he kept asking all the way up the chain to the CEO who finally agreed.
Great to see it on display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 03:01 am:

Here's our grocery van

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 03:24 am:

Interesting. Is that a PLASTIC builders plaque with Phillips screws?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 04:27 am:

That photo, taped inside the back of the van. Looks interestingly familiar somehow. I wonder where I might have seen it?

Now, don't help me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:19 am:

I was thinking the same thing Wayne, Now where have I seen that exact photo....;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:39 am:

I drove the 4 square van on the Centennial rally in Blenheim in 2009. It goes down the road really well. At the time, its caretaker was also on the tour, and we got to visit a couple of the stores. I can vividly remember complimentary ice creams from one store.

I did have a scare with it though. Driving up hill prior to a descent down into Picton, we drove into a wooded area and all of a sudden there was a really high pitched squealing noise. I pulled over immediately and killed the motor, not wanting to do damage to a borrowed car. The bloody noise was still going on, gazzilions of cicadas carrying on a treat in the undergrowth!!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:52 am:

I drove that 4 square van on the 2009 Centennial tour in Blenheim. The caretaker at the time was also on the tour, and the car was loaned to us for the day. It goes down the road really well. I vividly remember one stop at 4 square store and the complimentary ice creams we enjoyed while the van was on display.

I did have a nasty moment though. A top a climb we drove into an area of bush and suddenly there was an awful high pitched screaming noise. I immediately pulled over and killed the motor, not wanting to do any damage to a borrowed car. The noise persisted, courtesy of gazzilions of cicadas doing their thing!!!! Phew.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Funny story Allan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

What the $%^LL is a cicadas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Aaron,
How's my drawing? a cicada!! put a s on it and you have lots of them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

There are several species of cicada.

This is the kind we have in Kansas. On summer evenings they serenade us. You can hear them at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOI1dbMYaiM/.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration