Windshield help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Windshield help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:19 am:

While on tour several months ago, the lower windshield on my 1912 hack cracked. In looking at replacing it I noticed that I needed the brass channel kit that attaches to the glass and goes into the windshield frame. None of the suppliers catalogs list the size I need. I contacted Glen Chaffin for help in identifying the windshield I have. He responded that I had an early AUTOMATIC windshield and was different than the standard. I knew that was what I had but didn't think about it when I inquired. Now that I know, does anyone have some thoughts about getting the correct channel? The top windshield is about 1 1/4 shorter than the standard and the bottom is about 2 inches higher than the standard. I wonder who makes the extrusion and if they could supply the material for the bottom and I can cut the standard top to fit??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:14 am:

The brass windshield parts currently available are all made by Mr. Roadster. I don't think they sell direct to the public, you have to go through one of their distributors like Speedy Bills:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Search?query=brass%20windshield&facet=GA_Sema_Part :Windshield%20Frames

I bet if you call them they can sell you the raw channel part that you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration