OT Name suggestions?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Name suggestions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Sadly, Lizzie bought the farm, as the saying goes. Traffic got her. So a new pup is on the scene and I'm contemplating names. The best suggestion so far is Holley, but I'm open to other ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Holley is going to be a big pooch!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

Clara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

Sorry to hear about Lizzie. This one looks like my 12 y/o (Jewel) Holley is good, I like it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

Magneto

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Fliver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

For the pup's sake choose any name that's a single syllable with strong consonants. Avoid S's, Sh's, Th's.

Sympathy for your losing Lizzie, good on you for adopting this little gal, she looks like a good 'un! (Keep her out of the road, eh ?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

My son just got a new little border collie pup from the pound. He calls her Lucy, I call her Ruckstall... two speeds low and high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

NO John! I guarantee you, it will YEARS before her low speed band take hold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Had a dog years ago with the same markings. Buttons was his name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I like the name Holly but Rob Heyen might not :-)
You could call it Blackie and when you go outside to call her maybe Haps Model T will show up:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Adeline, Genevieve, Henrietta, Betsy, Agatha, Muriel, Alexandra, Ophelia, Priscilla, Gwendolyn, Felicity, Anabel, Gertrude, Wilhelmina, Harriet, Hazel, Esmeralda, Daisy, Penelope, Constance, Agnes, Winnifred, Amelia, Mabel, Shirley,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

My sister had a dog named "Bob". Later she married Bob. So that dog was confused when she called her husband and he was confused when she called the dog. I even met a dog named "Norman" one day. So name it a name which is not likely to be a persons name.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Driver.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

SPUD :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Lug nut!

Forget holly use new holly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Name it buzz !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Annabuzz ? It's a female

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

My last dog was "RAJO" he ran fast. A friend here had a dog named De-De, stood for "dumb dog".

Looks like a good dog with a little Spaniel in her, how about a roaring 20's name like "flapper" with those floppy ears?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Our now-gone dog had a real name, but was alternately known
as "Oleo", "Suckweasel", or various forms of "The Evil Death Dog
from Hell". She never cared WHAT you called her. All that mattered
was that she got to ride in the back of the truck and take her to the
river to chase/swim for the thrown stick.

Three cats were the names "Meatloaf", "The Fat", and "Steve".
"Kevin" is on my short list of favorites.

A good ethnic name like Raoul or Boris are also on the list for any
future pet/s. My daughter dated a polish kid back when she was
still at home. I had no idea that my pets were bilingual, but they
clearly understood everything he said in Polish as well as they did
in English.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:37 am:

Warning! Not for the squeamish.

There is an outdoor cat that hangs around here, we more or less claim her as our cat.
About eight years ago, she simply showed up one day, real pretty, had been well fed, but we figured she had been dumped out in the country. She would have nothing whatsoever to do with us, but we fed her some, and she continued to hang around. Then, one day, we looked out the window. She had been ripped to shreds. Alive, but barely able to walk, she was covered in cuts and gouges from her nose to the tip of her tail. One side hung open, with muscle showing for about six inches. We figure that a mountain lion got hold of her (they are in our area).
As hurt as she was. She still would not let us near her, but she seemed to want to stay close to a fountain we had for the clean water. So we started keeping plenty of cat food right there. We had hoped to capture her and take her to a vet, but she would not have it. So she healed on her own. She is still here, and has dozens of scars we can still see (fur color is different?).
We named her "Lucky".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Since the dog made its first appearance on the forum, I'd call him/her "forum"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:00 am:

How about "Tuxedo."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:03 am:

She's cute with a tuxedo marking, maybe Tuxie? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:28 am:

Steve Will her middle name be Golightly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Looks like a "SWEETHEART" to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:36 am:

We named our dog Holley (with an "e" like the carburetor).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Spokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:54 am:

If she were a he, I would go with Edsel. It seems he was always in the doghouse!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:54 am:

My vote, "Magneto", or Mag for short.

If you're going non-Model T, I've always loved the name "Laughing Gravy". (Laurel & Hardy fans will get the reference)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

How 'bout Ahoooga? Then when she comes up missing you can blow your horn and she will come 'arunnin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

First you have my sympathy on your loss. Second, I'd be investing in the invisible fence if I were going to let the dog roam freely. They work well. Third, I like either Holly or Clara, which of course is short for Clarabelle which just happens to be the name of my '13. That is one cute dog Steve...she will steal your heart for sure. Cherish her & protect her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

I have two small dogs of my own, and I am sorry for the loss of your dog Lizzie. If your new dog is a girl, how about naming her Lady. I know it is a common girl dog name, but after all, Henry's Lady was the Model A, replacing his beloved Tin Lizzie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Dogs respond better to short names. I think LAP would fit because knowing you that dog will spend a lot of time in your lap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Sorry about losing a critter Steve, we have lost quite a few up here. As a kid we named every beagle we got either Lady or Sport, cats were Trader, Pesky, Rascal,Goldie etc... Good luck with the new pup. Jim Derocher, AuGres MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Steve I know how tough losing a pet is. Our old cat of nearly ten years died last month. She was at least six when we got her. Who knows, she could have been very old.
That's going to be a pretty dog. Put me down for Evangeline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

Dog is a great name for a dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Nipper, the RCA Victory dog, made his debut in advertising in about 1900. His was a famous image throughout Model T era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

How about Edsel's wife's name "Josephine"

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:01 am:

My Brother named his dog "Cat" -- It was the late 60s, what can I say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:59 am:

I contacted my local Black Dogs Matter office and asked for
name suggestions.

Sh'neeq'a, LaQuanda, Rohandra, Fo'Landra, or KaShondra,
if u b down wit dat, yo ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 01:14 am:

A very long time ago I had a Rat Terrier we named SCAMPER.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:53 am:

I agree with Jack Putnam, only I'd spell it with two V's. Seems like if the RCA dog became famous during the Model T era with a name like Nipper,...how about during YOUR Model T era, your dog could do well with a name like "FLIVVER"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:55 am:

....and besides that, he's black, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:03 am:

So sorry to hear of Lizzie's untimely exit. I like Holley for her replacement. I trust she will be as brave as Lizzie and keep those aggressive deer from entering your house and attacking you.
;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Missi !
as many problems with your spark plugs Steve and all the other issues, loosing parts and replacing them , then finding them after your new parts arrive.
Missi
all t's get a miss fire sooner or later, Bob
Missi, short for missing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:48 am:

Bob you said it right! Missi is a great name!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Stay. That way you can say come here stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Well Steve, have you picked a name yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

We got a new dog last January. We were told "It's either us or the pound". I absolutely DID NOT want another dog. It's a pit-bull-lab mix which made me not want it even more.

My daughter's friend brought it over and brought it in the house. Couldn't refuse. Silver-grey with light brown stripes and grey eyes. Told the kids "There's only one way he can stay, I get to name him". My son and daughter asked "OK, what's his name then"? I said "Chester".

With a roll of their eyes, they both said "OK". Should have named him "Chester, The Goofiest Dog in the West". My son calls him "Smokey" when he thinks I can't hear him.

Best wishes in naming your dog, Steve and good on you for saving the little pooch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Steve,
Very sorry for your loss. Suggest you name your new friend "Sparky". I know you like picking up old Champion spark plugs and cleaning them up.....Sparky would fit in well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

DOG

Pronounce it

Dee Yo Gee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

Ruckstell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A. Usry on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

My wife said name her "Candy" because she looks so sweet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

How about shortening Ruckstell to "Stella". I usually wait a while before giving a dog a name to see what their personality is like and they also get a nickname. My dog's name is Buddy, but his nick name is the "House Buffalo". When he gets excited, head for a safe corner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

VICTROLA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

If it's a boy, call it Ruckstell, a girl would be Lizzie of course. I suppose you could name the boy NH, and a girl Holley as you originally proposed. Sister would also be a good girl's name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 02:09 am:

I've read this thread every day.
I still like Holley the best........ :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:49 am:

Steve; This is what Holley may look like in 12 years. She looks sweet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:30 am:

So sorry to hear of your loss, Steve. It's hard not to become attached to a creature that is so full of boundless love and affection. I like the name Holley most, but also like Clara after Henry's special lady. Whatever you name her, I'm sure you'll love her and she'll love you back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Dang. HATE losing a dog (which we did not long ago) but fortunately old age gets ours as they are fenced away from the road.

I like Stella.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

Steve, how about "YoMajesty". Believe it or not a baby at a local hospital was named that and it is on the birth certificate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Steve,

Got any ideas on a name yet???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 04:40 am:

We have miniature rat terrier that we named Lizzie May, Lizzie for the nickname for the Model T, and May for my mother's middle name. It's perfect for her. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Hibbs on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

,How about "Mustang"--notice the resemblance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Hibbs on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

Hi, Dave. If it falls through with Mr. Gough, I'll take it. Gerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Hibbs on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

How about "Mustang"--notice the resemblance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Damit, Sit Damit, Stay Damit, Out Damit. OK I quit. Damit Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

While deployed in AFG, one of my responsibilites was tracking air movement
within southern command - basically tracking who was on which flights and where
they were moving to/from.

This resulted in perusing the daily flight schedules, and it did not take long before
I was laughing my ass off at the stupid names people had on the manifests. Mike's
mention above of "YoMajesty" reminds me of a good one:

"Sir Q'andale"

Yo, Dog, I b down with dat !

Ebonics is a wonderful thing. If this dog was male, I'd call it "Dog". And if it were
female, I'd call it "Be-yotch" and forever talk to it in my best ebonics.

Dat dog b eatin' all ma muthaf#@!n shih, no wut on sain ? Fuh ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

Miss T Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

I had a cat named Dammit...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:26 am:

I know Steve is asking for dog name suggestions, but recently I saw an old pickup. Hand painted on the tailgate was, My trucks name is Constipation. It can't pass anything.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration