What do you think

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What do you think
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

One of the clutch adjustment screws will not budge. I'm at the point to remove the transmission cover, remove the hinge pin from this pawl and drill out the set screw. The hinge pin appears to be rolled over to hold in place. I plan to remove the pin end and remove. Have to make a new pin but not room to re roll in place. Any Ideas how re hold in place. Also Langs sells replacement adjusting screws for a 25 Mine is 26 and not sure if will fit. I'm at the end of my rope with this screw. The wire way is clear of wire / cotter pin. This truck sat inside for 35 years but no rust was detected in thread area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:49 am:

Eck, removing the pivot pin will get the lever/set screw out.
It may be just as easy to install another lever/set screw assembly rather than drill out the old screw. I think you will find it is hardened, and the interrupted cut in the adjusting slot will cause headaches too.

A replacement pin can be made with a small head on one end and there is nothing to stop you putting a split pin through the other end to make it captive.

Others may have different ideas.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration