Sunday drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sunday drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Worked the last two weekends cleaning and rearranging garage and other buildings because these darn T's are multiplying. I finished about two this afternoon. Have a place for my lovely wife to park inside this winter and I have room to pull the rear end out of RPU for rebuild. Happy wife happy life.
I needed fuel for small engines and the RPU needed gas so we hopped in the T and headed for town with four gas cans in the bed. Had a bite at MD's , filled cans and headed home. About a twenty mile round trip on a 70 degree October day with a stiff breeze. Man that's living .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

We are very lucky to have a model T
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

Dallas,
Looks like you took a "side" trip!!
:-)
What no picture of the cleaned garage?? Didn't happen!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

Makes me happy just to read about it !! Fall time's the best !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

We pile more miles on our T's in Sept. and Oct. than all of summer months combined. Just did about a 70+ mile tour today in our '13, with friend in tow in their '15. Dang odometer stuck probably about 20 miles into the trip before I got it working again. Had close to 60 miles on the trip meter then when we got home. Great day. Great couple of weeks for that matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

On it happened ! Unbelievable how big of a mess one can make in a garage on one little project . My son got married and has his own garage . I can't even blame him for the mess now.
Tim , sounds like a great day. My buddy has his motor out so we go alone but it's still great .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Looks like a perfect day Dallas. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

I was always wondering about Indiana. I know that everything in Australia is upside down, and that in Alaska there is only one day. Sunny all around the clock or dark all around the clock, but I didn't know that everything in Indiana is sideways! Always learning something!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Great pics Dallas! Love your pickup and what a day for a cruise!
Do I see lower glass in the windshield? You found a good frame? :-)
Nice car too! It looks like it's doin' 60 just sittin' in the garage!
Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

Duey
I did find a perfect original lower windshield. I am not sure but I think I may have a 25 upper as the 26 roadster that just moved in with me fits better and the upper and lower is almost the same size for width . The gap between upper and lower in RPU is about 1/2 inch and upper is a little narrower . Haven't had time for measurements . Hard to measure when I'm driving.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Sunday again and a nice day. I took my friend's mom some pecans. Good reason to get out plus she'll make me a pie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Great reason for a drive, like we need one . Took RPU to feed mill yesterday as it was 70 degrees . Pretty rare in northern Indiana this time of year. Hoping to take it to fire station tomorrow night for meeting. How about a pick of whole car ? Would love to see it.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

Ok. As you can tell I'm not finished yet but compare it to my profile picture and you can see it's come a long way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Corey it looks like a great ride. As you can see mine has a couple minor flaws. I drive it whenever I can . I put 20 miles yesterday. Running errands .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Dallas, yours looks more useful. I can only haul one passenger and a sack or 2 of groceries. It's fun though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

No problem hauling pecans ? Won't have a problem hauling pie! Sounds pretty usefull . I checked out your profile pic and you have been busy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration