Ford Farm Outside Parts Dept. from 2016 MTFCI Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford Farm Outside Parts Dept. from 2016 MTFCI Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Keith and others that missed walking out back,
Here are the pictures of the outside parts department. There are more on the other side of the farm. I will take pictures and post them the next time I get out there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Dan, WOW! My Wife said 5 collector cars (including 4 T's) is enough. Period. Your collection is really hard to believe.

Your collection blows the mind. I talked with Ellen and she's ok with it all also. You are one lucky guy, Dan.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Dan.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

It is so wonderful to see cars setting this way. It was common practice around
where I grew up and sights like these were an every day thing. I came to want/
appreciate old cars LONG before I could drive BECAUSE of these cars we kids
would play in out along the field edges.

Up and over our hill, past the water tower and through a patch of woods with
no roads, one would come to a continuation of our road. Down about a 1/4 mile
was an old 1910-ish vintage house with large Douglas Fir trees planted in a row
along the roadside ditch. An opening served as a "driveway", where Mrs. Miller's
1953 Mainline sedan sat. Out back of the house her yard turned to a small orchard
of apple, pear, and cherry trees. They were all pretty tumble-down after years of
neglect. In fact the whole place was. Her house had once been white, but had
weathered to a faded grey. Out beyond the fruit trees was open hay fields and to
the right as one made their way back there stood a long lean-to implement shed
where the Miller's TT flatbed sat beside a wonderful Fordson tractor with enormous
lugs on its wheels, the truck waiting for the next run into town to catch the Kirkland-
to-Madison Park ferry, where the produce would then be sold in Seattle.

That truck really turned my crank, as it was so complete and easy to imagine as
a functional vehicle. Most of those we had around the area looked like the one in
your photos. Fast forward 45 years and I have my own old farm truck just waiting
for the next trip into town. Great memories. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

A little steel wool, a little MMO, give 'em a spin !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:34 am:

I imagine whoever owns them won't part with any of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:00 am:

Ted, they are my personal "parts department" I use when restoring my cars. I occasionally sell parts to restorers in the area if they want to remove them. None of them are worth restoring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:25 am:

WOW, Great place to have a Picnic Lunch! What a View!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 07:36 am:

Seeing those "modern" Fords brought back a few high school memories. Circa 1967, I sold my '52 Chevy and bought a '54 Ford Vicki. That was a time when you could buy a 12-15 year old car for less than $200. I think I paid $150 for the Vicki from money I earned bussing tables at Jim's Coffee Shop in the evenings and weekends. Wish I had that car back.

Now I'm driving a 24 year old car because I can't afford a new one. :-(
Ain't retirement grand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

I'm happy we had the opportunity to see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Burger
That brings back memories ! My brother and I drove thousands of miles in cars with bullet holes and no wheels. The race was on every time there was two side by side setting somewhere. My dad always had one or more 40's Chevys sitting out back for parts . Scrape off the seat and wheel from the chicken and head for adventure. I haven't thought of that in years . Guess that's why I have my 41 Chevy .
Thanks Burger for reminding us all.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

That is incredible! Anyone with a '56 Crown Victoria sitting around "for parts" is super lucky in my book.

It's the '56 4 door hard top that blows my mind. We have a picture of my dad standing next to grandma and grandpa's (same colors too) wearing jeans and a white t-shirt with a typical 50's haircut. It might be the only picture of that car, but grandpa talked about it all his life. He loved "that Thunderbird V8".

I would love to have that car regardless of condition.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

" .... Now I'm driving a 24 year old car because I can't afford a new one. :-(
Ain't retirement grand."

=================================

I wouldn't own a new car, even if it was given to me ! Old cars have all
the character and new cars are SO $#@! UGLY !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

Dan,

You & Ellen were wonderful in organizing the tour...don't know how you folks had the time to do that...what with your autos and Ellen's dolls...

NOR do I understand how you have time to farm!

Great "parts" Department!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

The C cab in the second picture still has the correct upper windshield frame. That's not something you see in a he wild too often!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Burger..'ain't retirement grand"...yup. We don't own a single vehicle made in this century unless you can count the Cub sub-compact tractor which is now 7 years old! Car is '94 & truck is '97 but I don't care. They run great and paid for long ago. But it IS great 'cause I can do what I want, when I want, & if I want! There wont be a Brinks truck following the hearse for sure! Ha ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

I've been feeling the "burn" since the old '92 Taurus has been nickel and diming to death the last couple of years. It's only got 81K miles and still looks good but as it ages, stuff just stops working. And, now I'm about to break a $500 bill on new tires. But I think the new tires will double it's value. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Stephen, Back in the mix on the right side of the 57 Pick-Up is a 54 Vicki.

Craig, At one time I had three Crowns. I sold the other two to someone who swapped the roofs on Club Sedans. I stripped most of the goodies off the one that is left, in case I ever do one of the Hardtops I have. If you ever really wanted the 4dr Hardtop, we aren't that far away. Its not restorable, but if you had room for yard art-. I enjoy walking out and looking them over occasionally, better than going to most cruise-ins.

Dave, Thanks for the kind words, but I have to be honest. We rent the land out to a local farmer, but Ellen does all the yard work.

Justin, Sad sorry on that 24 TT. The guy I bought it from bought it in 1954. It was stored in a tobacco shed and was in mint condition, with even the side curtains in place. This guy was going to use it in parades, he never did, and left it outside to rot away. Even the windshield frame is rotted out. It had a Warford in it, which I installed in my 20 TT. I also removed the engine, which had very little wear on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Dan - Have you seen the prices of 50's and 60's station wagons recently???

Neat pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Dan B, yes I have. Highest seems to be the early Ford and Merc. wood version. I have also noticed high dollar 57-58 Merc 2dr and 4dr Hardtop wagons which are really cool looking with the windows down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Craig,
I just ran into this picture. Thought you might like it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

I see no one noticed the Skyline Blue and Colonial White '55 Canadian Meteor 2 Dr. Sedan. It's the one with the red F100 cab on it's roof. Very rare, indeed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 04:22 am:

A good friend of mine had a '53 Mercury two door hardtop when we were in high school in the late '60's and another friend had a '54 Mercury two door hardtop with the clear glass insert over the front seat. Of course, they both went to the old car graveyards :-(. If we had only known. :-) Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration