Front seat spring unit dimensions?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Front seat spring unit dimensions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Watt - Bedfordshire UK on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:40 am:

I am restoring a 1915 Tourer in the UK and am missing the rear seat spring unit. The front seat spring unit measures 37" wide (narrowing to 36") by 17 1/4" deep and 4" thick.
Can anyone give me the dimensions of the rear unit as it seems that it might be different? I will then get one made locally.
Thanks
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:40 am:

Sorry, can't give you the measures, but you may get them from Snyder's if you ask, since they are the makers. Fortunately the rear backrest is the cheapest out of the four seat springs in a '15. Shipping might be a killer, though, unless you could arrange shipping together with a car in a container going to the UK? That's how I've been able to buy bulky or heavy parts from USA.
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/1914-15-roadster-touring-amp-roadster-pickup-s eat-springs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Watt - Bedfordshire UK on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

Can anyone tell me how the back rest spring units are connected, at the top, to the the body?
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/563658.html?1440165399

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration