What brand of wheel are these??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What brand of wheel are these??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:12 am:

I just brought home a '24 T Touring which is loaded with aftermarket accessories. I am not sure where these wheels came from. The hubcaps are siliconed in place, the original ones were threaded on. Thanks for any help. I will post more pics later of several of the other interesting accessories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Maybe Hayes with a different Hubcap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:58 am:

I think they're Hayes wheels too. If you're suggesting that those wheels are retro-fitted from a different car when you say, "I am not sure where these wheels came from", be assured, they're made to use on a Model T and are a VERY nice accessory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:10 am:

NICE WHEELS!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Thanks Jerry, Bill, and Jay! I guess I meant I did not know which manufacturer the wheels came from. A local T expert is also of the opinion that they are Hayes wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

They are definitely Hayes, but look to have 26-27 wire wheel hubs caps on them rather than the Hayes hubcap which screws into a female thread in the hub. Apparently the previous owner used RTV to hole the Ford caps in place. Hope that helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

They look like Hayes to me too, but I have never seen 36 spoke varieties. They are typically 48 spoke. They have straight sided tyres and split rims so are likely 21". On the 21" front wheels I have, 48 spokers, the outside edge of the felloe is rolled outwards. Those appear to have a straight up/down edge like our standard Ford felloes. Beautiful reproduction Hayes hubcaps are available for them here, but they are spendy.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration