Old Photo - Posing With A Coupelet, 1916 and 1917

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Posing With A Coupelet, 1916 and 1917
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:05 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:08 am:

Neat set of Firestone wood felloe demountable wheels on that early '17 Coupelet too! Awesome photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

That's the first photo of a 17 convertible I've seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Looks like the front wheels are up off the ground. I see what looks like a jack on the passenger side :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Philip, The Coupe became a convertible when he tried to put it in a low garage :-)

G.R.. It looks like there is a jack by both front wheels. Look very close to the right tire. Perhaps he is changing the oil and raising the front up to get most of it out of the pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

you are right i see a jack on both sides. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

could be draining the dip trays that way, but no drain pan, looks like rubber gloves , whats he looking at???. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

Great pictures! Photos are dated (are the dates accurate?). Both are '17 model year Couplets (very rare, even when new). Both have either Firestone or Perlman wheels on them. The license plate number is different, but I am not familiar with the issuing state, and the color changed. Maybe that state changed numbers when the plate year changed?
It does look like it may be the same fellow in both pictures (Maybe? Maybe not?). It looks like it could be mom in the seat in the first photo. The car in the later photo has a rear-view mirror and maybe eyebrow lenses (can't say for certain, could be the reflections). They could have been added in the seven months between the pictures. Also the flags radiator display.
Excellent pictures of a rare car! Thank you again Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

New York plates:

1916 = blue on white
1917 = white on dark green

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:19 am:

Thank you Erik J! I had zoomed in on the photos, and thought that they were the same state (and thought they were N Y for New York). I could read the '17 year, but not the other one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration