Old Photo - Model T Era Street Scene, Constantine, Michigan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Street Scene, Constantine, Michigan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:17 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Looks like the second building in lost an upper story. Amazingly, it looks like the whole block is intact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

That sewer drain in the center of the street in the first picture sure would be hard on tires and snow plows!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

That was actually a light fixture with blinking orange lights. I remember them
from when I was a kid. That was before Americans all came to believe they are
stunt drivers and need to do 50 down residential streets and get it up on two
wheels anywhere possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

I couldn't quite get that modern picture to match up. Number of windows, etc in the buildings wasn't quite right. Then I found this view around the corner. The Auto Parts building is definitely the last one in that block in the old picture. Everything else is now a park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

You win, Chris :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:43 pm:

Ha, but I waste way too much time "driving" around these old towns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

Chris - It's only a waste of time if you're driving "modern iron"! Actually, even then, it's not a waste of time. I think it's fun to compare "old" and "new" and to appreciate the architecture and building skills of the ol'-timers! I really like some of the well-done "then and now" books, and I'm now thinking that this might be a good time to express my appreciation to Jay and Herb (and a few others) for all the old photos they put on the forum! They're great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

Sure can't beat the fantastic architecture not to mention quality of these old buildings. And yep, Harold, the "modern iron" cars are just plain boooring!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Well, that's disappointing! Yeh, the more I looked, the less the buildings matched up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Such a shame what America has done to our collective heritage, trading
in old and cool for empty lots or strip malls. Nice work, America !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration