Bad year for using my Model "T"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bad year for using my Model "T"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

2016 started with chemo treatments for 5 months. Hopefully all that killed the colon cancer I had.
I had a few good months and than followed up with a broken foot. I still am wearing a booth on my foot and the boot is to large to drive a T.
I sure am hoping 2017 will let me get a little more active in the T world that I have been active in for the past 50 plus years. I started playing with my Dad's 1924 TT truck in 1958.
My collection has grown some in the last 50 years.
I have 2 sons and between the three of us, the amount of T's keeps growing.
Have fun with your T or TT and maybe see you on a tour in 2017.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

We will hope 2017 will be better. In 2004 bees chased me off a ladder about 6 feet off the ground and I broke my right heel. A broken foot is no fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

We duffers, creeping up on old curmudgeon status gotta watch ourselves,
keeping in check that cavalier "bulletproof" attitude that we can still leap tall
buildings in a single bound.

The physical side of getting old sucks. The loss of energy for drama and
stupid stuff is good, sometimes called "wisdom" (?) However, the "wiser"
brain gets a whole bunch of frustrated when the old body can't keep up !

I was pulling the roof membrane over my shop yesterday with my crew and
took the position on the peak. It is 30' off the ground and a 20-something
foot slide off the roof to a 20 foot fall to a hard impact on pavement on one
side, and potentially being cut in half on a fence on the other. The thought
was heavily on my mind as we worked. I am pleased to still be able to do
this kind of work at 55, but am growing ever more wary of my own diminishing
physical capabilities.

Willie, I hope you heal up better than ever and have no repeat performances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

Willie I hope you will have more active time and energy for your cars moving ahead. I find myself slipping some too and wish I had Jeff and Luke near by to keep mine going. Best wishes, 2017 will be a great year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

Willie..sorry to hear of your bad luck year. May next year be much much better. Burger, I can relate. My late dad always said "son, good thing you retired early while you got your health. By 60 things start falling apart". Boy was he RIGHT! Right now its easier for me to tell someone what DOESN'T hurt rather than what does. And it's 24/7, not just occasionally. Such is life, and life goes on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

I was wondering why you were not at the T Party this year. Hope to see you there next year Willie! Take care and do what the doc says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

I knew of your chemo, and had been hoping you were getting going again. But, it doesn't sound so. I do hope that with your family and friends around, that someone has been willing to chauffeur you on T outings.
As my dad often used to say, "Getting old sure beats the alternative!"
Rest easy, GET WELL! And enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Willie,

Hang in there. As the country song goes, Everybody wants to go to heaven, it sure beats the other place. But we don't want to go today....

That is one of the reasons I like trying to do research on the cars. Unlike the transmissions that seem to get heavier and heavier each passing year, the internet has made it easier to contact folks and run down leads etc.

We will be praying that 2017 goes much smoother for you!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Hang in there, Willie. See you in Chickasha.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration