Old photo - early chassis put to work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo - early chassis put to work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

Swedish photo. Looks like an early chassis with the rubber ends on the spark and throttle levers. The rear axle moved forward w/o any connection to the engine, when the chassis was moved they probably just let a horse pull it.

kkkk

Full version of the photo - it says they were cutting wood roof shingles in Aspa, Orebro county, Sweden in the 30's.

llll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

Oh my, it has a water pump...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Yeah Jerry, only it's the kind I wouldn't throw away!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

That is exactly what I thought the picture caption said! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Great Picture Roger, A very elegant solution.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

But the hogshead looks like the common shape - ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

The common shape inspection lid came in june 1911 and the hard rubber knobs on the levers disappeared some time 1912, I think, so it may have been built between those dates - or maybe it was a total mix of T parts from the vicinity if it was 20 years old by the time of the picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Didn't think about that. Seeing the early column, rear end, and possibly water pump engine makes me daydream about finding one of these in a barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

It wasn't Ford's type of early water pump on this though, Ford's pump on the first 2,500 was placed in front of the engine.

It's hard to see what type of ignition it had, no coil box? Probably a chain driven magneto - as I've seen on many T engines here that were used as stationary engines.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration