SPOKE PRESS HELP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: SPOKE PRESS HELP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny S. on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Anyone know where i can find plans or purchase a spoke wheel press to make wheels for my touring car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Here's the spoke press drawing - from John Regan's Fun Projects website.

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/WheelpressA2.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/WheelpressA2.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny S. on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

THANKS TO YOU BOTH!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

I made one,and if you were closer ,I'd loan it to you. I use mine as a base in my 20 ton press and insert hub once spokes are in.It works good that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Is it really necessary to be so elaborate? Wouldn't an appropriately sized square work just as well and be much simpler to make plus straight cut longer pieces might be reused easier. Let's be honest, for most this tool is a one time/car use then it's a wall hanger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:18 am:

One time use? Not really. I use mine when mounting tires on my Model A wheels. It is just right to hold the wheel with the hub cap facing down without the protruding hub hitting on the base. The carpeted edge of the base protects the new paint on the wheels from scratches. Probably work on lots of other wheels 18" or larger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

I used a piece of scrap 3/4 inch flooring, a couple short scraps 2X4, and a scrap piece of heavy threaded rod that had been laying around for a decade. Put it together in about ten minutes. Ugly, but works fine. And it is sitting in the mini barn waiting till I need it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 05:00 am:

Here's mine, made from steel and wood scrap.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 05:29 am:

Nice spoke table!!!!
'03?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 05:31 am:

Yup...all homemade. Speedster here I come in 2017!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Hibbs on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

I wish I had an Olds for my workbench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny S. on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

i watched the youtube video and noticed only one side of the hub is used when positioning
and tightening down the spokes. would it
not be proper to to use both sides of the
hub to seat the spoke ends?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny S. on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

i watched the youtube video and noticed only one side of the hub is used when positioning
and tightening down the spokes. would it
not be proper to to use both sides of the
hub to seat the spoke ends? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZ7WrfHdf8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

The hub has a flange to hold the spokes and the holes to align the spokes. The plate that covers the spokes on the other side is clamped to the spokes by the six bolts. If it were there, it would be on the underside, where Steve is continually moving the nut down out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny S. on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

ok, thanks, i understand now.
NEXT QUESTION: how does one drill the spokes for the six bolts?
hand drill or drill press?

thanks for being patient with me. i am new to the "T" world.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration