1926 Tudor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 Tudor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I got my winter project just about all taken about but I need help as I get ready to start its restoration. Does any one have any tips of how to the the springs out of the Frame. Also I have 4 square head bolts from inside of the engine with castle nuts on the outside of the engine holding the crank caps has anyone else had trouble getting something like those out. There the last 4 bolts in my engine. And three I had a aux transmission in my Tudor can anyone verify what it is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Only help with the trans I can give is to rule out a Jumbo Giant.

To get the springs out after the hardware is off, I usually just beat on them with a heavy hammer and a block of wood in between.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Tranny may be Chevrolet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:04 am:

When you've got the castle nuts off the main bearing bolts, they're often easy to pull. You may have to turn them some, but that's easy with a wrench on the square head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:46 am:

That is a Chevy Superior transmission as Jack said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Are parts available for the Chevy superior transmission I need a new shift tower and am not sure what else until I take it apart a little more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Looks like all your magnets are missing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:40 am:

These work fine for those square head bolts: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-9-piece-inch-universal-socket-accessory-set/p-009 24959000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Cool thanks chris.
Steve: yea there missing don't know why the original owner decided to take them out but luckily I have a better condition spare ford transmission with magnets on it to replace the missing ones :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration