Odd Accessory: Boyce light and mirror

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Odd Accessory: Boyce light and mirror
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:26 am:

Here's an accessory to shine some light on the Boyce MotoMeter when it's dark outside:

rrrr

To give more reasons for buying and installing it on the LH windshield pillar, a rear view mirror was also included:

ssss

It was also meant to be a parking light on dark busy streets. Not mine, found the pictures on the net. Haven't seen that idea to accessorize an accessory before and I wonder if they sold many of them? Haven't seen any before?
There was a rare version of the MotoMeter that already had a light bulb inside, I think, but then you had to route a wire out there..
A close up shows the text:

iiii

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Here's a NOS one not as fancy I have posted back in 2010 under Accessory Of The Day.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/128288.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Yes, that's one you could mount directly on the MotoMeter, this mirror version is supposed to direct a light beam onto the MotoMeter from a distance. Don't know how well it worked..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

See the bottom of the ad from the May 27, 1922 edition of the Saturday Evening post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Thanks Erik :-)

expanded

The larger standard model on all "high grade cars" - an indirect jab at the smaller Ford? Bah, humbug :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

I have seen several things to light up a Motometer, but never before one quite like that one!
The add-on lamp that attaches to the meter itself is moderately rare, and I have seen dozens of them. The "Radio" meter (gotta love marketing, even THEN!) was a fancy Art Deco meter. They originally had a light inside, and required wire run to it. Most of them surviving today have lost the wire. But if you know where to look, you can see where it was.
Wonderful stuff! Thanks all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration