T hunting trip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: T hunting trip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:48 am:

This is one of our many family T events. It was for getting the young ones involved in the outdoors. One of my favorite cars on this one. Didnt have time to take care of transmission issues for this trip which made for hard starting and noisy operation, but had a good time and fixed it when I got back! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvotZQGC2hw Fast forward where needed but check out pic at the end of video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:17 am:

I could listen to Blue Grass all day long :-) great video thanks for posting :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Yikes ... that was hard to start. Do you always start with the crank at 1:00 and push down? Everyone has their own way ... I usually set the crank at around 7:00 and pull up. If I start with the storage battery I pull really slowly with the spark fully retarded. If I start on mag I pull faster with the spark advanced about six notches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Jack- great video. Listening to music beats listening to wind noise any day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Great video. I love the car and the neat trailer, and the road shots in Umpqua country are beautiful. The starting sequence is scary. I broke my arm cranking that way. Now I only start by pulling up on the left, and never go over the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

Teaching my grandson to hunt...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

I knew I'd get some "kickback" from you guys on that starting process...Not my usual method either. I had just got that car 2 days before the hunt and didnt have time to rework and set up that transmission. Pulled extremely hard and needed all the momentum I could get. easier then over the top again.....Been starting them for almost 50 years and this was the worst setup Ive seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Deer hunting laws are different in your part of the country than here in Minnesota. We have to wear so much bright orange we can be spotted from a satellite out in space. Looks like every one had fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:00 am:

Well, Jack, loved the trip and please be careful cranking. Oh, we just don't want you to get hurt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Jack, found your video! Neat and good job! Nice to meet you today and do business and for sure Port Orford is some of the most beautiful coastline anyone will see. We will be in touch and thanks again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Marv, Glad to finally meet you too..Not alot of T people around here so it was good to do have you come by. Jack

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration