Fixed a flat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fixed a flat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:36 am:

My first flat tire - rear right 30X3 1/2 - fortunately it was sitting in the garage! Looks like just an old tube - it was split not punctured. heated the tire up in the sun and used the garbage bag solution to put the new one on - Worked like a charm. Thanks again to all you most excellent folks for posting so many great tricks of the hobby! They really help us newbees. Having more fun every day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:59 am:

And I don't know what that one is... but willing to learn....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Here's the garbage bag method for clinchers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6sH8WRl6yI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Pretty darn slick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

When I tried that, I couldn't get all the torn plastic bag remnants out from under the clincher bead !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

I find that the biggest problem is getting the tire off the rim, not putting it back on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

Peter, did that wheel work out ok? Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Tommy - agree - that took 90% of the time.
Steve - yes I had it shred a bit also - but managed to get it out - I used a bit heavier gauge bag - I think that helped... It sure went on EASY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Look at the time on the video. It took longer to get the bag out than it did to get the tire on. I might try that sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Agreed Tommy - tried it once - I'll do it the old fashioned way !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 11:04 am:

>>>When I tried that, I couldn't get all the torn plastic bag remnants out from under the clincher bead!<<<

I guess leaving some bag behind doesn't matter. I tried this technique once and had no luck with it but I bet it would work great with Royce's soft white tires.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration