Copper coat removal?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Copper coat removal?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

I wonder if anybody has found a product that acts as a solvent to remove old Copper Coat from heads and blocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Steve,

I just use a scraper. For the head, I use emery paper with a nice flat steel block behind it. Not as easy with the block however...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

This stuff is what I use. You have to be careful with the masking, though. It will eat pretty much anything down to bare metal. Also, expect to only use it once. Every can I've bought corrodes its own valve down in the can after the first use. But it will take off Copper Coat completely clean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

I use BrakeKleen for near everything !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

I just use lacquer thinner, it comes off easily.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

I have used fingernail polish remover liberal amounts on a shop towel and use gloves. I really don't understand how women can use that stuff on their hands????? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Fingernail polish remover is mostly acetone, which is much cheaper to buy in a can at the paint/hardware store--and your spouse isn't after you for taking her last bottle of remover!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration