Could this be one of those fake internet quotes?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Could this be one of those fake internet quotes?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

No, that's real. ;O)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

If it were real, Chevrolet would have a capital "C".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Well, English wasn't Henry's best subject.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

I don't capitalize chevrolet. Maybe Henry didn't either. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

Henry was dead for 8 years before Chevy had an engine worth putting in a hotrod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

Derek,

What about the 1914 V8?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Waaay too cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

If Henry was alive today - he'd roll over in his grave !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Yes, Henry was deceased by then, but he sure wasn't going to take that lying down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

If he did indeed say it (I'm skeptical) who would he have said it to, when, and over what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

That's a keeper! Copy and put on wall of garage!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Jerry, The 1914 V-8 was Cadillac. Chevrolet's first Model D V-8 was 1917-18.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

that could be a FALSE INTERNET QUOTE ...how would we tell? WAIT , i know we could look it up on the internet ! maybe we could site another internet site as our proof of falsehood ! HMMM ? ...well i guess i wasn't thinking ...i have just questioned the truthfulness of the internet and then used it to support my own argument ...i think i will just have to rely on my own flawed judgement ...Always an OPTIMIST...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

"The Russians did it...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

But I saw it on the internet!!!@#$%^&*()_+

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Cracked Heads Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time.

And don't give me that lame "Found On Road Dead" routine. The correct reading is First On Race Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

I think he meant to Chebby, Steve if you don't want that sign you can send it to me!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

And Peter, What do you do with an old Chevrolet? Shove it in the alley and let it lay.

Keep your Ford ALL Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

I don't think Henry minded when a T race car with a Frontenac head manufactured by the Arthur and Lewis ran in the Indy 500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

I'm going to have to agree with Rich, not only would he be rolling over in his grave he'd probably be kicking and trying to dig his way out. That is if he were alive today. I believe I would too. Wouldn't you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Is it an actual quote? Probably not. Is it a rule I wish hot rodders paid more attention to? You're damn right it is.

Nothing drives me crazy more than to be at a car show and run across a very well-done Ford from the 30's with a tree-fitty tre-fitty combo shoehorned into the engine bay. It's like they can't come up with anything period correct, or even brand matching, so they went to Summit Racing's website and bought a chrome-and-red hot rod in a box.

Ok, one thing drives me crazier. Seeing "Corvette" on the valve covers of anything not a Corvette. IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU FASTER!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

My friend's friend is coming to visit from Oregon. My friend told me that his friend used to have a Model T and they used to drive around Dallas in it back in high school (1960s) and girls loved it. So I asked more about it and he told me it had a 350 or 327 or something. I told him that's not a a Model T, and he insinuated girls wouldn't want to go in a stock T. I beg to differ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

The lettering on that sign closely resembles something called a typewriter, Which was widely used in the 1920's...I rate the authenticity of this sign,...Mostly true. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Ill give it an 85, its got a good beat and you can dance to it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

I posted it to the Abraham Lincoln page on Facebook and got an immediate response that it was true and as you know, Abe never lied.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

I didn't realize that Abraham Lincoln and Henry Ford ever met. Probably not much of a meeting since HF would have been less than 2 years old. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

I think Steve is on to something here. How about a new thread of things we don't know if Henry ever said, but would have/should have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 05:49 am:

Henry Ford II made a similar comment when Lee Iacocca was considering a deal to buy a small engine from Honda for a fuel efficient car project.

No car with my name on the hood is going to have a Jap engine inside!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Howard Dennis,

1917, right you are! My mistake, thanks much!

This is just evidence that I don't dabble in off brands. ;O)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration