Shipping Experience with Fastenal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Shipping Experience with Fastenal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:16 am:

Anyone with experience having parts shipped with FASTENAL? They can't seem to find Kansas City, Mo Metro area to give a quote. St. Louis area (225 miles away) seems to be as close as they can quote even though they have 5 o 6 locations plus a terminal in this area. Don't want them to lose the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 06:37 am:

I've never had a problem, I usually look up the address of the store to ship it to and have never had a problem :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 07:04 am:

Right. Find the store you are shipping from. Call them or go there for a quote.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 07:23 am:

I used Fastenal to ship a TT rear axle once.

I thought their price was reasonable and the process went very smoothly. I just had to strap it to a pallet and drop it off at the local Fastenal store with the shipping paperwork.

I would definitely use them again for shipping large items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 08:56 am:

I've had two items shipped to me via Fastenal freight. They were a complete Model T engine/transmission assembly and a Weaver twin auto jack. Both shipments made it just fine and were low in cost. I'll use them again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Bodine on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 09:01 am:

I just tried to use them to ship from near Cleveland, Oh to Montana. They said they do not have capacity to accept shipments from east to west at this time. YRMV

Best regards,
Jonathan Bodine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Used them twice, worked great both times. One was west coast to east coast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Thanks everyone for the info. This really if a great forum!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

Fastenal can be the most economical way to transport parts.

Make sure the Seller is willing to package parts in accordance with Fatenal's requirements - insure the shipment for 200% of actual replacement cost in the event of damage or loss.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration