Old Photo - Posing In The Weeds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Posing In The Weeds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:47 am:

A photo to remember and cherish a Loved one due to a untimely passing. This kind of photo was common back in the day and appropriate. Not so today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

We have such a self-absorbed generation today most pics you see today are selfies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Tim, (and others), you might appreciate this:
Facebook! Twitter! Instagram!
"For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.
Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.
I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.
I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.
And it works just like Facebook.
I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Steve,

Are you suggesting the photo is a "post mortem"? If so, I kind of had the same thought. That guy don't look so good...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Guess I'm lost. What'd they do? Prop him up the car a la "Weekend At Bernie's"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 07:43 am:

I don't think it was a dead person - maybe a mask, maybe he was tired - would think the rear seat would work better for transporting a corpse, should it ever be needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 08:34 am:

He put it in his will that he wanted to be buried in his model t, when his lawyer ask him why he said he had never been in a hole his model t couldn't pull him out of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Marv, that was good! Still laughing. You're probably right on about your followers! Took another look at that picture, wow, that guy DOES either look dead (creepy) or asleep. And FWIW I don't do facebook, used to tweet but quit that too. Especially since about once a week I would get a notice of "suspicious log-on activity" on my account. Hackers love social media.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 08:43 am:

oops! didn't see the other thread till I posted this, always a day late and a dollar short.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Strange photo for sure. Almost looks like a studio shot. Any speculations on that odd shadow behind the woman's head? Any chance of a blow up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:44 am:

I think he just drove all night and is sleeping. She slept in the car while he was driving so now she is wide awake. It is springtime and the flowers are blooming.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 11:04 am:

That's the best the photo will get. Sorry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 11:14 am:

I think that is just glare from sunlight (Maybe coming through windshield) behind her head. She looks too happy for the guy to be dead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Tim M,

I like your thinking on the subject ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 11:16 am:

Tim M. - Gives a new meaning to "Ford The Universal Car" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

The man might be a "dummy". Look at his hand and nose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

Hal...unless maybe he had one heckuva huge life insurance policy!! My bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Steve very likely had it right. It wasn't at all uncommon back then. If you Google "Victorian Post-Mortem" you can see numerous example including some propped up and even standing. Don't do it if it's the kind of thing that's going to cause you to lose sleep. It's pretty weird stuff.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration