Secret of speed ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Secret of speed ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Amplex-Motormaster-Spark-Plug-Booster/182327560115?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:01 am:

One per plug?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 08:50 am:

I wonder what's inside it? Probably just a short air gap surrounded by insulating material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Steve, I have several different brands of those type of items. I think it goes in the coil only. I remember they were still being sold at our local parts store back in the 70s-80s era. Like Mark, I think they just have an "air gap" inside the case. An air gap will intensify the spark and "sometimes" make a "missing" plug fire. They do work to a certain extent, but probably should be included with the other "snake oil" type of parts ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Oh wow, I have 500' of shelving in my garage and may have to go searching thru them to see if I have one so my wife will not think it's all junk!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Always at the Guernsey County Fair a fellow with a '50 convertible Cadillac would demonstrate these things. Had a big tach. you could watch, hand throttle, quite a rig.
Engine would pick up a few RPMs when running on this.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration