Front inner wheel bearing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Front inner wheel bearing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 09:52 am:

Will somebody tell me the Timken numbers on front inner tapered wheel bearing and race for a '21 T. I have been told that they can usually be found at parts stores. I need one each asap. My "new" T had the wrong inner bearing and no race. I need to move the car , but I am reluctant to roll it like it is. I don't want to damage the spindle or the hub. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:07 am:

Inner bearing- 14120
Inner race- 14273
Outer left bearing- 09075
Outer right bearing- 09076
Outer race- 09194

But check the prices from the vendors first - they may be cheaper and you would only have to wait a couple of days in NC, I'd think - Smith & Jones in SC can't be all that far, maybe within driving distance? http://www.snjparts.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

Tom, I needed the same bearing, it was on my list for Hershey. One guy I stopped at had a bunch of old rusty parts spread all over and in 5 gallon buckets. I asked if he had the bearing and race and he pulled it out of I don't know where....it was in the original box, very dirty, bearing and race together with grease on them so they wouldn't rust for $10. I thought that was pretty cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Make sure the inner race of the inner bearing that you install has the proper radius on it to match the spindle.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration