Speedometer chain repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Speedometer chain repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Miller on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

I have purchased a Stewart speedometer that has a chain for the cable, with a broken link. I don't know how the chain is normally removed or replaced in the housing. Where can I get another link or two? Could the sheath be shortened to take up for the shorter chain? I would guess that when the chain is in the sheath it would not disconnect and maybe it should be long enough to be pulled out enough to separate from the end at the speedometer head. Thanks for any help.
Nick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

Nick,The links go together like a wire puzzle. Turn one to where the edge lines up with the adjoining link and slide them together/apart. If you don't find any locally PM me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration