Auction Report- Princeton, MN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Auction Report- Princeton, MN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Went to an auction today. Had a nice visit with friends and even bought a few wall hangers. I just had to have this Model T jack that just slips under the axle and levers up the car.

The Roadster Pickup brought $6,900. I thought it was a fair price, based on the condition.

Other parts were typical and went pretty cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Here's my jack:

And a few other parts:

Somehow, I talked myself into taking home a little 1-1/2 hp Fairbanks Morse stationary engine. I guess I'll have to learn a little about those now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Got a picture of the Fairbanks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Eric,

I have the same jack and it's great. Anyone can lift the car in a second and it takes absolutely nothing to work it. People are amazed to see it work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Today, I tested out the jack and it works just as well on my little Maxwell as it does on the T. I think it may be more than a wall hanger.

Here's a couple of photos of the Fairbanks Morse. I guess this model has the nickname "salt block." The motor has spark and compression, but I need to buy a gas tank before I can make it run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 01:28 am:

I have one of the salt brick engines. Very sweet runner. The pto shaft opposite the flywheel drives off the camshaft and so runs half speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 01:36 am:

Eric
Re: The little leverage jack.
Where on the front and rear axle are you supposed to place it? Also, what is the purpose of the Wire? running from the shaft to the head? Do you have instructions for its use?

Reason I ask about the jack placement is I am always hearing about how improper jack placement can damage the axle and rear end.

Thank you

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration