Bendix gear Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bendix gear Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

I have bendix gear that the part of the back is loose
Question ,can i braze the part back . and if i do does the temperature damage the gear in any way?
Thanks ..Lorenzo

bendix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Lorenzo, I have seen a number of the collars bronzed back onto the gear. It is a known fix. I would grind good clean surfaces where you need to apply the bronze so you get the best take with the least heat.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration