Old Photo - Model T Era - Redwood Highway, Entrance To Fortuna, California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Redwood Highway, Entrance To Fortuna, California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Now there's one I'd like to see a "today" picture to compare.
Another one that would be great to see then & now would be the nearby town of Bridgeport, which is still very much all historic buildings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 12:42 am:

Can't peg the buildings, but this looks like about the place:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fortuna,+CA/@40.598011,-124.1578285,3a,66.8y,90h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5tsuW6DAjXr2rRjEk3r xOA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x54d40a8b7db16ccf:0x33947768f4e3df6e

OK, why do my Googlemap images not show as photos ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 01:56 am:

I wish I had had a copy of that photo when I lived just a few miles from there. Fortuna is a nice little town. If that picture is where I think it is? About half those buildings should still be in use. I think this is on the North end of town, looking South (Southeast?).
There are several nice old areas scattered up the old redwood coast. Fortuna is one of the larger and nicer ones. There are several streets in Fortuna lined with hundred year old buildings.
Great photo! Thank you.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Still looks pretty much like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

I can only positively match a couple of buildings. The Ford building on the left and the second building on the right in the old photo.

Burger - you have to turn the image into an image file of some sort. Copy/paste directly from Google will just give you the link, as you know. I do alt-print screen to capture the window, then drop it into an image program to trim it and save it as a jpg. I use Irfanview, which is free, but there are many to choose from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil C Bartlett, Shively CA on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

The two story building just past the Ford dealership is still there. Took the wife and kids to dinner in Fortuna last night, and yet Chris from NH puts up a picture before I can. The Internet is an amazing thing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration