How often do you see these.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: How often do you see these.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Indy 22 on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 07:47 am:

A young man I know new I had a T gave me these hub covers last weekend. He also gave me a set and 3/4 for brass car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 08:23 am:

I personally have never seen those :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:59 am:

I've never seen them before, and I'm not seeing them now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 10:02 am:

"that's a CLASSIC Steve"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

Where's the picture? Steve is right!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

I see them just fine... but then, I grew up with Radio. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Try taking a picture against a contrasting background. The picture above is hard to make out since the covers are white and photographed against a snow bank which makes them difficult to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

A set and 3/4's ----- 3/4's is that from the hex portion down or from the threaded end up??????
Just curious

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

If measured from the bevel, inward, the 3/4 dimension is directly opposed to
the hypotenuse angle of the remainder, creating an aspect ratio of 4-to-1. This
enables the entire assembly to pivot both forward and reverse with a 60 offset
in either vertical or horizontal movement. Backlash could be adjusted with shims
at the collar. A brilliant design for its time ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Michael, Not everyone who posts on here is a Smart as_ . I live just North of Brownsburg,In. and if I can help you ,just holler. 317-679-6624.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

No, but many of us are!! Michael, the photo didn't show up here, maybe it isn't small enough yet?
Burger---AAUGH!!!! MATH!!!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

I've got a psychic sitting here at the computer and she is visualizing them, now. she says they're coming into focus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 01:24 am:

I once got a call from a "psychic" service, looking to enlighten me on
all things important. Just to play along, I asked a few questions. When
it came time seal the deal, the woman asked for a credit card number.
I told her that shouldn't be necessary if those psychic powers were any
good, Oddly she did not want to pursue me as a client after that. Hmmm ....

I wonder what Dionne Warwick is doing now .... ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 08:51 am:

Possibly as seen here in this accessory of the day post.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/633268.html?1460498107

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

It took a while... I think it is the best Halloween costume ever... "The Invisible Man"... Always my favorite! Funny how nobody has ever seen it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Indy 22 on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 06:23 am:

Thanks Jack and Dan B. for the help! I'm happy to know I was able to give everyone else something to do. It's another great day in Indiana to drive a T.
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Accessory caps for the wood wheel hubs were the early "moon caps" of the day.

Have a set on the Autowa bodied touring, and they add to the snappy appearance.

Of course you could forgo the hub covers and just add classy hub caps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration