Early Trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Early Trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

As some of you know, I'm restoring a very original, not messed with too bad '13 roadster. I posted a photo of it on the purple car photo earlier this week. I have never used ball bearings in the front hubs of any T I've ever owned until this one. The car still has the perfect original front hubs too. While putting the original wheels back on the car, with the NOS ball bearings I bought from Bob Bergstadt years ago, I noticed a slight amount of wear on the inside of the original '13 hubcap. The problem was the cotter pin! If it had been a later hub, this would not have happened. I tried mashing down the cotter pin to the spindle, and it still did it, so I rotated it 90 degrees, and the problem is solved. Trivia I know, but some folks like to know this stuff! It would be disappointing to ruin a nice original '13 hubcap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

I hadn't seen your car because I didn't want to revisit that thread!

Please post some pictures of the restoration when you get a chance. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wants to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Craig: I'm getting the body back next month. I'm still putting the chassis together now. As soon as the body arrives, I'll try to get some pictures. It's sure going to be nice not to see a yellow body any more!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration