The Tin Lizzie Derby 1941-Poster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The Tin Lizzie Derby 1941-Poster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 08:39 am:

A benefit for the American Legion.
It had to be for WWI veterans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:50 am:

We didn't enter the war until December 1941...The poster is dated October 1941 two months before Pearl Harbor. So I don't think it's for the WWII vets. Great poster by the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:51 am:

MY BAD! I see you have WWI not WWII. I'll put my glasses on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 11:14 am:

During WWII fund raising races were held in Alberta and I believe in many places in the US. Parimutuel betting was part of the Lions Club races in Alberta. As many as 10,000 people showed up to each event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

Thanks again Herb, I always enjoy all of your posts. I want to try some of that Alpen Brau Beer, but not that skunkie Bean Oil, cause I'm sticking with Marvel Mystery Oil all the way. I even own a 100 year old vehicle that is still running great that I use it in every fill-up!

Happy motoring,

Warren

here's my new can of MMO that just came in today' mail (you got to love internet shopping)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration