Old Photo - Young Lady Posing On A Fender

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Young Lady Posing On A Fender
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

That is a suspiciously light-colored non-demountable wheel with a dark rim. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

I agree, the hub is black too.

But being a reenactor, I'd say that if it's a newer photo they did a great job. Even her shoes look period. You can't easily change a car but people

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

I think it is an original era photo. The gray scale looks right for the era film. That is almost as difficult to fake as backgrounds and clothing. Film chemistry changed a lot in the early '30s. It became much faster, and the sharpness improved a lot.
The really sharp large photos with tremendous detail common from that era were glass plate usually large format cameras. Totally different chemistry and optics. The small format common-man cameras from the mid '10s through most of the '20s had a peculiar scale that to me looks more natural. I am not sure why that is.
While not common, light painted or natural finish wheels were done back in the model T days. Just wasn't very common. While I tend to prefer the "black just as God and Henry intended", it is nice to see pictures showing them this way.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

I'm leaning towards cream or grey paint. You can see the pinstripes on the spokes I personally doubt that natural spokes would have been stripped . IMHO. MG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

I don't see the horn button -- but it appears to have a double wishbone. I agree natural spokes would not have a pin stripe.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

There's some kind of "bump" on the steering column unless it's something else nearby giving the illusion of a horn button. Fenders are crowned so must be at least a '17 anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Isn't the road a dirt road? Doesn't look like pavement.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration