Old Photo - Showing Their Soles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Showing Their Soles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

It always amazes me how they wore good clothes to everything,..ball games, camping and here...sitting in the dirt!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Unlike now, people then did not dress as if they worked for the circus. Pride; people actually cared about their appearance. It was not about showing off, it was about looking proper. We can still learn from the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

I didn't live quite that long ago, but I remember my dad had "good clothes" and "old clothes" He worked in a factory. He wore the good clothes to church or to dinner or on social events, and the old ones to work. The old clothes was a suit which was old and worn. If he did wear "work clothes" for his job, he changed from the old clothes to the work clothes just for work and then back into the old clothes to go home.

I wore my good clothes to school and then changed into my old clothes to play.

We wore our clothes until they wore out and then used them for patches on the old clothes or used for rags. Nothing went to waste.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration