Old photos, Scottish T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photos, Scottish T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Pringle on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

In Scotland, my Grandmother and her sister in approx. 1922. The car was bought new by my Grandfather in 1914, after recommendation from his brother who had emigrated to the US. He told him that the only car that would "last" was a Model T!! .No idea what happened to it, except my 89 year old uncle can remember the lamps lying around in the stables many years later. Didn't know about the T until my father told me after I'd bought one, and this is the only picture I have of my Grandmother. It's a strange world !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

James,

If you don't mind my saying, your grandma was a cutie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Pringle on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

So was the car !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

That spare tire is an interesting rare accessory that bolts on to a non-demountable wheel with a flat tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

That is a Stepney Spare Wheel:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

James, thanks for posting. My grandmother came from Scotland to teach school in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia and married my mother's father (unfortunately, I do not have any photos of her). Bill Harper, I think every Model T owner should have one of those Stepney spare wheels. Do you know where I can get one as I have seemed to have misplaced my Sears & Roebuck's catalog?

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

Thank you for sharing this amazing piece of your family history!! I can't help wondering why there is no Duck on the radiator cap ? Can you please explain .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration