Coil vibrater bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coil vibrater bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim B Boyer on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Can one of you fellows that rebuild ford coils tell me what size the points bolts are and the threads per inch are? Thanks in advance.
jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

Jim
The four coil point mounting bolts and nuts are 12-32 thread.
The single coil point adjuster bolt (1) and nuts (3) are 10-32 thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

If you find a source for those 12 - 32 brass nuts, please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim B Boyer on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Thanks for the information Ron,
James, I looked at MSC industrial supply in New York and they have the taps and dies for 12-32 threads. Not sure yet on the nuts, might half to drill and tap a smaller nut that is close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Lang's carries the 12-32 nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

I've gotten them from Lang's and Snyders. (Actually it was a whole hardware kit) At any rate, there was a difference in the nuts and one set fit better than the other. I wish I remembered which was the good ones. One of them fit very tight and caused the square shoulder on the bolts to round out the hole inside. I have the 12-32 tap and used it to clean up the threads on the other nuts. PIA! I've also tapped out 10-32 ones to 12-32. Bigger PIA! I looked into having some made, but unless you want a bunch, they're kinda pricey. I COULD make some myself, but if your time is worth anything.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

I'd feel a lot better if you would call them screws!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration