Great November day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Great November day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Figured since it was 77 degrees today it would be a good time to take a ride in the '20 runabout, as all the other babies are nestled in bed for the winter, on "storage insurance" but not this car. Took a ride down memory lane to what's referred to as the "Old Bay Bridge" on Sandusky Bay.

Walking past the gates, towards where the old bridge once stood. It's now used for gawking or fishing.

Here's a picture of the old bridge. The "white mass" at the top was the huge cement counter-weights that lifted the roadway. This was one spooky bridge, believe me. But at the time, it was about the only easy way to get to the Marblehead Peninsula where Grandpa had his trailer on a nice water canal.

And this is now the "Edison Bridge", which took the old bridge's place, named of course after Thomas Edison, born nearby in Milan Ohio. It's a part of Route 2. Not nearly as neat looking, nor as spooky, but when the wind whips up big time off the bay, it can be a bit intimidating to a high profile vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Nice pics Tim Today was nice for driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

I agree just got home . The wife and I enjoyed a nice drive under the stars after going to town for supper. No top for RPU so seeing stars was no problem. Nice pics Tim , to bad we don't live closer. The only guy I know around here with a T is too busy to get the motor back in it.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Nice story and pics Tim. I enjoy reading your posts. I see it is 71deg. at the start of WS game six in Cleveland. Go Tribe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carrie Palmer on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:14 am:

Excellent post and excellent pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:16 am:

Thanks Y'all! Dallas, agree too bad you & Tom aren't closer too. We'd be trampsing around almost daily if you were! Been a great season, put about 1600 miles on Pete and 1100 miles on Clarabelle. The other two cars just got a "smidge" that's why it was good to get out on the '20 again. She is a good little runner!
Jeff, well, as for "Go Tribe"...well, they went already didn't they? LOL..what an exciting series, but I did bring out a dinner plate just in case!! Ha ha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:30 am:

It was a great day for driving. Kim, Cosmo and I treaked to Noah Stutzman's to drop off the wheels for the R and picked up the rebuilt ones for the pickup. He showed me how he forms the wood fellows and I learned that all his power tools are run by hydraulics. He uses a gasoline engine to run a big pump and has hoses run to everything. Very interesting.

By the way, I have used two different GPSs and they will only get you close to his address. Once you find CR 12 you are on your own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Tim ; nice area there, we where there at Cedar Point Toon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration