Mechanic needed for t engine removal and new. Install

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mechanic needed for t engine removal and new. Install
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HOWARD PULSIFER on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Anyone know of a T mechanic in Naples Florida
who could remove existing and install replacement engine in my 1925 T? Also an estimate of time or cost assuming no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Do you know for sure that you need a different engine? I expect that rebuilding the one you have would cost less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HOWARD PULSIFER on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Steve...no Idon't but just covering my bases. I will need a mech either way. Thanks for your advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:29 am:

If you could transport it to Melbourne I could give you a hand. There are too many variables to really give any amounts of time. Normally it should only take a day for the two of use do the job if everything goes right. I have everything to work with. What kind of car is it, ie, coupe, enclosed, touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:38 am:

I should add, No charge for thew help as long as your using the T, If your flipping it then you need to sell it to me for %75 off the asking price

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:43 am:

Steve,

I'd prefer to keep the original engine with the car, as well, but there's a lot to be said for just swapping. I bought a spare engine, rebuilt it, and just swapped out engines one Saturday. I took my truck to breakfast. Came home. Began the swap, and had it back on the road for a test drive that evening. Nothing like having only a few hours of downtime.:-)

I crated up the engine that came out of the truck and like other horizontal surfaces in my shop, the crate is a great place to stack stuff.:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration