Old Photo - Model T Era - Fort Street, Honolulu, Hawaii

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Fort Street, Honolulu, Hawaii
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Believe it or not, this is the spot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kamaaina56/14503504146

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 10:52 am:

Reminds me of Hotel Street, from my Navy days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Dang Larry. A flash from the past. I attended school on Ford Island for a couple of months in the fall of 1968. Being a naive kid from San Jose, CA it was quite an awakening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

What I wouldn't give to live in Hawaii with Pete & Clarabelle to drive every day of the year. Well, and my wife too..ha ha..except she likes winter. Needs therapy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Place sure has gone down hill over the years.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Jay & Chris, thanks for your photos, love seeing old photos and far away places.

Henry, what was "quite an awakening"?

Tim, I'm with you 1000% and in complete agreement with you (except she likes winter. Needs therapy!), because my wife who has veto power over things regarding warm temperatures would say no to us spending our winters at my daughters in Tucson. Maybe we could get a discount rate if everyone on the forum dreading the cold winters got together with our wives for a group therapy.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eP27eDtSs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Warren...how true & lotsa laughs! Nice winter drive video. Good to have an enclosed car for that & at least the roads looked pretty clean too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Thanks Tim, it was a very mild day for February 22 (George Birthington"s Washday), I remember being in grade school when we had both Washington's & Lincoln 's Birthdays off!

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

Warren,

As I remember Hotel Street in Honolulu at that time it was made up primarily of little groceries stores, bars, tattoo parlors and "fortune tellers" (ladies of the night, or afternoon, or whatever). Mostly, it was what is depicted in the movies as a "sailors liberty paradise". There were all manner of nefarious goings on that I knew nothing about. I had no idea such thing actually went on. Hard to imagine I was ever so young. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Henry, I did not serve in the Navy, But my Dad (WWII) and both brothers did, I heard all about growing up in the Navy, from my brothers. I'll have to look into the movie "sailors liberty paradise". Sounds like it was a capitalistic economy at work (give the customer what they want).

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration