Old Photo - Model T Era - Posse Nissen Girls Camp, Hillsboro NH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Posse Nissen Girls Camp, Hillsboro NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:44 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

Thanks again Jay, right here'a in my own back yard. I think I'll fire-up Seabiscuit and take a drive over there Sunday.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

This camp was associated with the Posse Nissen School of Gymnastics in Boston. Became Hillsboro Camp and was operated as a family camp until fairly recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:20 am:

Thanks Chris, here a little more information about the camp. Founded in 1923, Hillsboro Camp began life as an athletic facility for the Posse-Nissen School of Physical Education. In 1927 the Camp started opening during the summer for girls from 8-16 years old. Between 1927 and 1980 as many as 140 campers enjoyed their summer in Hillsboro. In 1981 the camp changed from girls to a families and groups (e.g. reunions, church outings and dance groups). Hillsboro Camp is currently under 4th generation management. I am thinking about driving over there on Sunday if the weather is good.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mattress wade on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

great the car~

https://www.sunrisingbed.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

We don't need some mattress huckster posting links to his business. Lets keep this forum model t related.

If I wanted a mattress I'd go to a real mattress store and be able to touchee feely not an on line piece of #@$%&$ that who knows where it came from and what it was made of.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 09:28 am:

I delivered meat there when I worked for Foster Beef in Manchester, NH back in the early 70's.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration