Still Great Driving Weather in NY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Still Great Driving Weather in NY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Oops, Ellen came home early, and caught me out driving the 24. How'd she find me!! I was suppose to be working in the garage getting cars ready for winter.

So next day she wanted to go out driving! So I'm still not getting anything done. We drove over 100 miles today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Great pictures and a beautiful car!

I have also been driving my '24 cut-off touring a lot, taking advantage of global warming. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Dan and Mark
You guys have your priorities right. I've been doing the same.
Great pics Dan and nice that the wife enjoys it also. Mine is starting to warm up to the T. She didn't even want to sit in it when I got it but we were driving under star light last evening after dinner in town. We took the long way home.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Had my '15 out for a ride today in the Corning, NY area. Weather was still warm (around 70) and the autumn leaves are still great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Took my '15 out today on Long Island. -Perfect weather. -Hope we get some more days like this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Very nice looking car!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:01 am:

Dan, that car looks great! Good job on it. Looks like a nice colorful tour too. We're at peak color here now too, finally. Seems like it's been a week or two late the last few years. Glad we got out again yesterday ourselves, as today and the next few days we won't be. Crappy weather again. "keep calm, and drive on" I say! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

Thanks guys for the comments on the 24. We have put over 200 miles on it so far, our goal is 1000 miles before they salt the roads. We're hoping global warming cooperates. We found two more good dirt roads when we were out yesterday.

Tim, We're actually past peak here, and heavy rain today. The forecast for the weekend looks rain free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Gee Dan, if I didn't know better I'd say that field in the above pic looks just like one we drove through on the Finger Lakes tour!! :-) Still have fond memories of that week. I put close to 500 miles on Clarabelle after that tour too in addition to all the miles I piled on Pete afterwards. Great summer/fall for sure. Keep driving..hopefully no salt for a month! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Tim, it does look like it, but this one isn't to far from where we had the catered lunch at Three Brothers. We are really glad you enjoyed the week, so did we, Ellen's ready to do it again. We spent the rest of the summer driving mostly the 14 a lot of miles but the odometer was broke so I don't know how many. I recently got the speedometer back from Russ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

Dan
That looks like the road in front of my house! I didn't see you go by. How do you get your wife to stand on the running board to take those great pics ?
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Dallas,
She wasn't ready on time. I started to drive off without her, she came running and jumped on the running board, and that class is how you get good pictures from the running board! Seriously, she lowered the camera over the side and took the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

All I can say Dan, it's really good looking at the rear of your car, with the two rear windows sewed in correctly! GOOD FOR YOU!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 12:21 am:

The weather was beautiful here today, and I had strong pangs of wanting to go
for a drive. Have hardly driven the old dog at all this year, and nothing for simple
pleasure. Been too wrapped up putting the 2nd floor on my house and getting it
weathered in for winter. That's done, and I could have gone. Just felt there was
too much to do yet before lolligagging. Hope we get a few more days worthy of
a run before the snows and yuck come.

Yeah, that's a good looking touring car ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Couldn't take it!!! Finished leaves and headed for the range to site in rifle for next week. Best view in the world on a fall day in November

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Thanks Larry and Burger. Dallas is that a high banked curve? Don't think mine would hang there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration